Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T.O.P.
Here is an article on The Opportunities Party:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/...itical-map

I’ve had a bit to do with Raf, he’s definitely a Tory but I like him, decent and honest man

I do like tiered Income Tax Ratios. No idea what the Land Tax would cost Mrs Foal and I
just a transfer of wealth from landowners to low/middle income - kind of refreshing that it's not just a typical national tax cut for the rich though, will appeal to lower/middle income brackets
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Which is one reason they will never be a force in our politics. Equity of wealth distribution is a poisoned chalice...
More questions than answers in that summary of TOP's proposed strategy. Company tax rates? What property valuation would be used to calculate their land tax? Does rural include lifestyle blocks? Are we looking at taxing the family home here?

I suspect their actual proposal will contain more detail than Stuff's cherry-picked info but any strategy based on what is essentially a CGT is going to be a hard sell.
(03-10-2022, 10:01 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Which is one reason they will never be a force in our politics. Equity of wealth distribution is a poisoned chalice...
Indeed it is. Most politicians aren't at all keen.

I'm hoping ACT doesn't get a sniff of power; David Seymour has said that he'll 'trim benefits' (attacking those worst off ) & remove lots of subsidies including the winter energy payment, fees free education etc. etc.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...ecade?rm=a
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The ACT piece certainly lacks detail

20% cut to Public Servants. Does that include MP’s

Cuts to benefits. No specific mention of the Landlords Benefit or the Farmers Fertile Freebies

Why is that Rimmer?