Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowest voter turnout on record
Thumbs Down 
For a democracy its essential we get more people voting, especially for local elections which has been a sham for decades now.
Otherwise, we will just see local candidates elected by their mates. Sadly its a popularity contest for many and thats why so many councils are poorly run.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/local-elec...D3DRWES24/
We know that.

How do we fix it?
(11-10-2022, 11:58 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: We know that.

How do we fix it?
I dont know, perhaps doing local elections at the same time as national elections so that the ballots are done together?
(11-10-2022, 12:05 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 11:58 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: We know that.

How do we fix it?
I dont know, perhaps doing local elections at the same time as national elections so that the ballots are done together?
Howabout compulsory teaching of civics in schools?
online voting? what could possibly go wrong there...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I didn't turn out to vote - I put it in the mailbox.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(11-10-2022, 04:43 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I didn't turn out to vote - I put it in the mailbox.
Well, that was a mistake. It's probably still in transit...  Big Grin
I found out a couple of days later I could've put it in the library shute.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Auckland paid a private company to run their vote. There are stories of people not receiving voting papers, and ballot boxes being removed from drop off points too early - private = efficient, eh?
I do have other cameras!
Never mind. We are being punished. Rumour has it Northlanders are rolling about with hilarity...
(12-10-2022, 05:36 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Never mind. We are being punished. Rumour has it Northlanders are rolling about with hilarity...

I think Brown will find this job anything but easy - and a review of his "achievements" in 6 months or so will be a sorry list of nothing.
I do have other cameras!