Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another sample thread
Another sample post
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Nah. I don't like that one, too much coconut.
I'm here!
(14-10-2022, 08:42 AM)piroska Wrote: I'm here!

Welcome, piroska...you score the virtual choccy fish for the first PC World poster in the new forum....  Smile

Is this a free sample  Huh
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(14-10-2022, 09:30 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Is this a free sample  Huh

Seems so, but while the sample is free watch out for postage - will get ya every time  Big Grin Tongue
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
yes it is actually Oldfellah...

just to clarify for all,

the PC World forum members have been notified that their forum will be closing down "in a few months" and we have offered them the option of a new home here.

I have set this forum section up for them as an example of how they might keep their community up an running and to get a sense of the look and feel of our message board and whether it will suit their needs...

That will be great, Im a real Techo type person, love anything to do with Computers or Tech, not that Im any good but love it all the same. lets hope they take up the offer.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
speaking of needs, one thing I noticed, PC World forums have an autosave draft posts feature which we currently don't - that would be a cool thing to have for those long rambling posts... There is a plugin available for this so I have suggested it to @nzoomed (board owner) to have a looksee at...

Is there a dark mode theme for the website, or themes at all?

Also hello from soon to be gone PressF1.
(14-10-2022, 05:54 PM)GameJunkie Wrote: Is there a dark mode theme for the website, or themes at all?

Also hello from soon to be gone PressF1.

Hi GameJunkie, 

currently only the default theme, it has been discussed in the moderators forum and is something we would like to introduce...

One we are considering is this
https://www.themehouse.com/mybb/themes/go-series

But I might also suggest a dark theme as I do prefer those myself given a choice -  have had a look at what's available and this one seems to be quite appropriate.  

This one definitely looks better when installed
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=870

actually I think this is a bit nicer
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=939

One of the problems we have is that the more the themes change things around the greater the chance they break something on the board, especially with plugins 

But i'll add this post to the consideration as well...

No reward for loyalty round here. Chocky fish? Free? That's just disrespectful to old ladies who hate coconut.
(14-10-2022, 06:54 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No reward for loyalty round here. Chocky fish? Free? That's just disrespectful to old ladies who hate coconut.

lol, you get the consolation prize ...

(14-10-2022, 08:42 AM)piroska Wrote: I'm here!

I think I'm here. Can't really be sure, though. Are any of us ever really anywhere?
Quite aside from the idiot posts, welcome to all the potential newbies. Be great to see more action around this nicest of all forums on the interweb.
(14-10-2022, 06:52 PM)king1 Wrote: One we are considering is this
https://www.themehouse.com/mybb/themes/go-series

I like the look of that one too.
Looks like this could do the job, although I kinda shied away from the chat side of the old forum and mainly frequent the other.
Greeting to all old PressF1 members and anyone/everyone here on this new forum.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(15-10-2022, 08:12 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Quite aside from the idiot posts, welcome to all the potential newbies. Be great to see more action around this nicest of all forums on the interweb.

Oh I'm not new...and quite used to Pressf1Chat, If that sensitive would have left ages ago.

Choccy fish...well I'm not keen on marshmallow so I'll settle for the choccy bit.
:-)
How can you stretch a sample thread?