Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The possibilities for the next election
It seems to be the usual slash & bash from the Nats - not the well off, naturally. And currying favour with farmers regardless of the environment. In the name of 'progress' & 'growth' the top 39% tax rate will be removed - for those earning above $180,000.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/1300767...-will-cull

And then - there's always the chance of Winston...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...p-election
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
i might have thought Luxon might be a bit more cautious about removing tax brackets, given the fallout and subsequent back down from Liz Truss in the UK trying the same
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
It's the Nats to lose at the moment. People want something to change, and the media are doing a good job of blaming all of life's issues on Arden & Co. The Nats will be getting the "dumb" vote this time around - the voters who get all their news from TikTok dances. It amuses me that "the farmers" seem to think National cares about them but that's for them to work out on their own.

Feeling that Labour will probably turn a little to the dark side in the run-up. A good chunk of the Nats current team (and future white male candidates that they will select) will have a few skeletons in the closet so it will be up to the plentiful Labour B-team to rat them out to the media.

Can't see Winston cracking 5%.

Labour did well off the youth vote last time, but wondering if the Greens might benefit next year, even with that horrible man still being a co-leader...
(15-10-2022, 07:14 PM)king1 Wrote: i might have thought Luxon might be a bit more cautious about removing tax brackets, given the fallout and subsequent back down from Liz Truss in the UK trying the same

You'd think so, but apparently not - which I think, won't do them much good. There just aren't enough voters here who want such a blatantly unfair tax.

(15-10-2022, 07:27 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: It's the Nats to lose at the moment. People want something to change, and the media are doing a good job of blaming all of life's issues on Arden & Co. The Nats will be getting the "dumb" vote this time around - the voters who get all their news from TikTok dances. It amuses me that "the farmers" seem to think National cares about them but that's for them to work out on their own.

Feeling that Labour will probably turn a little to the dark side in the run-up. A good chunk of the Nats current team (and future white male candidates that they will select) will have a few skeletons in the closet so it will be up to the plentiful Labour B-team to rat them out to the media.

Can't see Winston cracking 5%.

Labour did well off the youth vote last time, but wondering if the Greens might benefit next year, even with that horrible man still being a co-leader...

I'm surprised at the support ACT gets; their ideas are unlikely to benefit many people. I hope you're right about Winston, but he's merrily pushing the race button yet again. Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Winston is only for himself and our prime minister is doing all she can to get into the UN when Labour lose the next election, agreed that Luxon is not doing so well at the moment but time will tell, I predict a National Act coalition next year.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(16-10-2022, 01:02 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Winston is only for himself and our prime minister is doing all she can to get into the UN when Labour lose the next election, agreed that Luxon is not doing so well at the moment but time will tell, I predict a National Act coalition next year.

Definitely agree with the first comment, can't see the second as being right at this stage of her career, when she has a  small child, & I fervently hope the third is well & truly wrong.
(16-10-2022, 01:41 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(16-10-2022, 01:02 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Winston is only for himself and our prime minister is doing all she can to get into the UN when Labour lose the next election, agreed that Luxon is not doing so well at the moment but time will tell, I predict a National Act coalition next year.

Definitely agree with the first comment, can't see the second as being right at this stage of her career, when she has a  small child, & I fervently hope the third is well & truly wrong.

My turn for a choccy fish if im right  Big Grin Big Grin
(16-10-2022, 01:52 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(16-10-2022, 01:41 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Definitely agree with the first comment, can't see the second as being right at this stage of her career, when she has a  small child, & I fervently hope the third is well & truly wrong.

My turn for a choccy fish if im right  Big Grin Big Grin

That seems entirely reasonable - but hoping that virtual choccy fish isn't needed! Big Grin
(16-10-2022, 01:02 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: .... our prime minister is doing all she can to get into the UN...

Can you explain what exactly it is that she is doing? What are the criteria that she would have to meet?
(16-10-2022, 02:18 PM)Olive Wrote:
(16-10-2022, 01:02 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: .... our prime minister is doing all she can to get into the UN...

Can you explain what exactly it is that she is doing?  What are the criteria that she would have to meet?

Olive yes I could , to you no I wont because you wouldnt understand.
i'm curious to know too... you probably can't blame her for cultivating relationships for a life after politics (I assume this is what is being suggested)
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I wonder if oldfellah doesn't want us to know he's a keen follower of the weasels on kiwiblog?
I do have other cameras!
(16-10-2022, 04:34 PM)Praktica Wrote: I wonder if oldfellah doesn't want us to know he's a keen follower of the weasels on kiwiblog?

Well some one must be (you) because I have never heard of it  Huh
I'm liztrussful of Luxon's taxation policies. perhaps he will have to get rid of their. finance spokesperson Nicola Willis
(17-10-2022, 04:53 PM)alpha111 Wrote: I'm liztrussful  of Luxon's taxation policies. perhaps he will have to get rid of their. finance spokesperson Nicola Willis

Indeed - there's something about her which reminds me of Ruth Richardson. Confused Dodgy
I first voted for a much more progressive lady ~ Mabel Howard, someone who was proud to stand up for the rights of workers.
None about like her now I'm sorry to say.
She was one in a million though, from what I've heard & read.