Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NZpost
Hi, Sept 1 NZpost price rise. The latest NZpost pamphlet has no prices listed, which is useless.
Our local dairy is charging the same price for Prepaid bags and Economy tickets.
It is possible that many shops around the country, have the same freedom to do this also.
I contacted NZpost and they were no help at all.
I won't buy their plastic bags. But now "economy" costs more than Prepaid bags because of the cost of self-packaging  

Changes to domestic small parcel sending - September 2022 | NZ Post

Is this happening anywhere else?

"Economy ticket" price is NOT an option at the local agent
haven't noticed that, maybe the dairy's must be able to set their own prices... I have always used the local post shop
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Recycled packaging costs next to nothing...
I use recycled packaging but the Dairy still charges DLE $5.20 ticket and the NZpost shop bumps the parcel up to C5 rate $5.40

one is as bad as the other
I use the website to work out and buy the postage then take the pre-paid parcel to the local agent. Does your dairy not allow you to do that?
(18-10-2022, 01:16 PM)amrist Wrote: I use recycled packaging but the Dairy still charges DLE $5.20 ticket and the NZpost shop bumps the parcel up to C5 rate $5.40

one is as bad as the other

I got a DLE parcel this morning. A small one. I paid the seller $6.50 for that $5.20 ticket...

Mutter mutter mutter...
My local postal agent is still selling the old bags so they must have a certain amount of stock to get through before the new ones get delivered.

I've been throwing a lot of stamped parcels their way of late. They don't even bother checking the amounts. Saying that, I'm not sure that anyone at NZ Post is checking the amounts because I didn't put enough on a letter and it still got there.
DLE ticket is $4.20 not $5.20. That means Oh-hunnihunni has been done the same. The sender is over pricing because they must be unsure of the local pricing. The latest NZpost pamphlet has no prices printed. I had a groan at NZpost and I received an email saying will contact our local agents. It would be great if they set them straight.
This must be happening nation wide. Potentially thousands of dollars

https://www.nzpost.co.nz/about-us/september2022
Sending using your own packaging or NZ Post Packaging Only range
(Small parcel economy service tickets)
From 1 September 2022 the following price increase will apply when sending parcels under 3kg within New Zealand using your own packaging or using NZ Post packaging only range.

Size Max weight Max dimensions
Current Economy price #, Economy Price #(price) 1 Sept, Current Price #(price), Courier Price #(price) 1 Sept
DLE 3kg 130mm x 235mm x 70mm $4.20 $4.20 $6.20 $6.20
C5 3kg 165mm x 235mm x 70mm $5.10 $5.40 $7.10 $7.40
C4 3kg 260mm x 325mm x 70mm $6.70 $7.20 $8.70 $9.20
Foolscap 3kg 260mm x 385mm x 70mm $7.80 $8.40 $9.80 $10.40
Lineflow* 3kg 395mm x 455mm x 70mm $10.40 $11.40 $12.40 $13.40