Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why was Avi Yemini really banned from NZ?
So much for free speech, he was merely just an independent news reporter, but Jacinda sees him as a threat and dont want him covering things in a negative light.
It doesnt matter if you agree with his views or not, this is purely political.
https://theplatform.kiwi/podcasts/episod...ed-from-nz
apparently he has criminal convictions for domestic abuse, lots of countries will block entry on that basis - I'm pretty sure the prime minister doesn't actually have any say in the matter
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Well thats not why he was turned away!
Im sure we let in hundreds of people who have had domestic abuse convictions here anyway.
He was labelled as an "agitator" thats the reasons he was given.
(23-10-2022, 10:29 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Well thats not why he was turned away!
Im sure we let in hundreds of people who have had domestic abuse convictions here anyway.
He was labelled as an "agitator" thats the reasons he was given.

I'm sure that's what he would have the CT community believe, he was turned away for being an "agitator"
Sounds a lot better to the target audience than "they won't let me in the country because I beat up my partner"

Quote:The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment confirmed the news in a statement to 1News.

"We can confirm that Mr Avi Yemini was denied boarding his flight from Australia to New Zealand as he did not meet the immigration requirements due to his criminal conviction.

"Where an individual does not meet character requirements, they should apply through the usual visa application process. They will need to supply a police certificate with their application to have a character waiver considered."

When asked about the ban at her post-Cabinet address on Monday, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said: “I understand the matter is solely for immigration and it is not something I had any awareness of until I saw commentary online”.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/08/23/contr...t-protest/
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Who cares why a rightwing poster boy was denied entry. Perhaps we need to start doing something about our local spreaders of lies and deception, as well?
I do have other cameras!
It seems fairly clear why he was banned, really.

"Melbourne-based Yemini has been banned from Facebook for allegedly spreading misinformation and hate speech."

If even FB has banned him then his ideas must be quite extreme, & the last thing we need here is more nutters spreading CT total bollocks. But of course, the CTers will automatically blame the PM; it seems to be their default reaction.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
There is a point where tolerance slides over into acceptance, if not support.

Hey, CT? You know that thing about words... Refused entry, does not mean banned. Just a minor point...
(23-10-2022, 09:23 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: So much for free speech, he was merely just an independent news reporter, but Jacinda sees him as a threat and dont want him covering things in a negative light.
It doesnt matter if you agree with his views or not, this is purely political.
https://theplatform.kiwi/podcasts/episod...ed-from-nz

Does Yemeni have a conviction for Domestic Assault?

If so is it possible this is the rationale behind him not being granted visitor rights?

FWIW I don’t begrudge any NZ Government denying access to Men who beat up Women. Regardless of their Politics.

(23-10-2022, 12:07 PM)Praktica Wrote: Who cares why a rightwing poster boy was denied entry. Perhaps we need to start doing something about our local spreaders of lies and deception, as well?

I believe sensible people should care if a “right-wing poster boy” was denied access for the crime of being a right-wing poster boy

If this right-wing poster boy is a convicted Wife Beater then yes access can and should be denied.