Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renewed protesting in Iran
Police there have fired on mourners, 40 days after the death of Mahsa Amini. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-63397159

Iranian police are reported to have fired on protesters in Saqqez, home city of Mahsa Amini who died in custody after being arrested for allegedly wearing her hijab "improperly".
Thousands gathered near the grave of the Kurdish woman and clashed with security, 40 days since her death.
A rights group and witnesses said officers fired live rounds and tear gas at the crowds in the city.

On Wednesday, security forces were deployed in Saqqez and other parts of Kurdistan province, in anticipation of fresh demonstrations on the 40th day of mourning for Ms Amini - a culturally significant occasion for Iranians.

Videos showed thousands of mourners walking along a roadthrough a field and across a river to bypass roadblocks and reach the graveyard where Ms Amini is buried.

The crowds were heard shouting "Woman, life, freedom" and "Death to the dictator" - two of the signature chants of the protest movement - as well as "Down with traitors" and "Kurdistan will be the graveyard of fascists".
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It most definitely looks like the country will end up having a revolution if this keeps up.
Well, they've put up with this out of touch, harshly misogynistic regime for way too long; I hope they succeed & preferably without more deaths.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)