Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are we getting too PC, rebranding foods?
Looks like Eskimo pies and Afghan biscuits are now on the chopping block.

If these names go, where will it end? Whats next on the chopping block?

Why is it racist for uncle bens rice to have a black guy on the logo, but its ok if it was a white guy? How is that not racist?
It's unbelievable what is happening, History is History and you cannot change that regardless of race, everyone needs to get over it and move on
Crab2
(29-06-2020, 01:20 PM)crab2 Wrote: It's unbelievable what is happening, History is History and you cannot change that regardless of race, everyone needs to get over it and move on

I agree.
All this happens because a cop brutally kills a criminal.

This should have bee nothing about racism to begin with but rather corruption and brutality in the police force. This is a big problem I believe and there are plenty of similar killings regardless of race that have gone down over the last 12 months or so, but you dont hear much about those.

Even black americans are starting to speak up about how stupid the whole thing is.

I think the whole thing has gotten way out of hand and people have already forgotten about the terrible actions of this cop and its turned into an excuse to riot and spread covid19.
Yep.. the whole thing is nuts. 45000 cases in the US today. Apparently protesting the death of one is worth sacrificing tens of thousands of people.

I wonder if the Romans knew what was coming before the empire fell.
People vandalising statues are no better than the the Taliban destroying historical monuments because they do not suit their ideology.
History is what it is and by whitewashing it, it denies future generations to learn from it.
People seem to bash empire building but if it wasn't for the various empires over history humans would be still living in caves.
Just read the Melania Trumps Statue was set on fire

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/3000...n-slovenia
Crab2
I don't think its 'PC' as much as it is more of us becoming aware how offensive some terms are to those they're used about, & being considerate enough to stop using them.

As to statues most of us will understand why some want them removed - if they're statues of slave owners for example - but I don't think they should be destroyed. They're an unsavoury part of American history, but history nonetheless & so would be better preserved in a museum.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(10-07-2020, 02:25 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I don't think its 'PC' as much as it is more of us becoming aware how offensive some terms are to those they'reĀ  used about, & being considerate enough to stop using them.
Still dunno whats offensive about the word "eskimo"
What definitely is now PC (excuse the pun) is now in IT, the developer of Linux is removing the term master and slave from the linux kernel, along with blacklist and whitelist.

I think its definitely going too far. Its like people are just choosing to be offended for no real reason.