Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
REALLY?
Teen allegedly at centre of week-long Christchurch crime spree faces 81 charges

A 14-year-old who faces 81 charges for allegedly cutting off his bracelet and embarking on a week-long crime spree has been scolded by a Youth Court judge. (Oh WoW how frightening)
His charges include assaulting with intent to injure, unlawfully takes motor vehicle, aggravated robbery and theft, police have confirmed.

Judge McMeeken’s message for the youth on Monday morning was clear: “You’re harming people.”
“Why are you here again?... What did you think was going to happen when you cut off your bracelet?”, Judge McMeeken asked the boy.

She told him that if he continued to make bad decisions, he’d be locked up for long time.
“You’re a good man. You have potential...you need to make something off yourself.”

GOOD MAN!! EFFING ARSE!
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(31-10-2022, 11:22 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Teen allegedly at centre of week-long Christchurch crime spree faces 81 charges

A 14-year-old who faces 81 charges for allegedly cutting off his bracelet and embarking on a week-long crime spree has been scolded by a Youth Court judge. (Oh WoW how frightening)
His charges include assaulting with intent to injure, unlawfully takes motor vehicle, aggravated robbery and theft, police have confirmed.

Judge McMeeken’s message for the youth on Monday morning was clear: “You’re harming people.”
“Why are you here again?... What did you think was going to happen when you cut off your bracelet?”, Judge McMeeken asked the boy.

She told him that if he continued to make bad decisions, he’d be locked up for long time.
“You’re a good man. You have potential...you need to make something off yourself.”

GOOD MAN!! EFFING ARSE!

There is still hope at that age, so you can't blame the judge for trying...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Locking up teenage boys virtually ensures they'll continue on to a life of crime. This kid may well have the making of eventually becoming a good man; better to give these kids the chance.

They're not operating with a fully developed brain at that age so they can't understand fully the consequences of their actions.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Insanity rules in the teen years...
(31-10-2022, 04:56 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Insanity rules in the teen years...

That reminds me of something a neighbour of years ago told me a Dr. had said to him - 'There's the sane, the insane & then there's teenagers.' Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(31-10-2022, 06:10 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(31-10-2022, 04:56 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Insanity rules in the teen years...

That reminds me of something a neighbour of years ago told me a Dr. had said to him - 'There's the sane, the insane & then there's teenagers.' Rolleyes
The additional problem is that those kids who have a life sheltered from the realities of life, repercussions of their actions and a general lack of personal responsibility effectively retain their teenage status far longer than would otherwise be the case.
(31-10-2022, 06:53 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(31-10-2022, 06:10 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: That reminds me of something a neighbour of years ago told me a Dr. had said to him - 'There's the sane, the insane & then there's teenagers.' Rolleyes
The additional problem is that those kids who have a life sheltered from the realities of life, repercussions of their actions and a general lack of personal responsibility effectively retain their teenage status far longer than would otherwise be the case.

Like our recent rich, white, influencer, chrisTopher and his partner perhaps?  Rolleyes
I dont know if you saw the same "good man"on the news where for no reason he just drop kicked some poor bugger in the face.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(31-10-2022, 07:05 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(31-10-2022, 06:53 PM)harm_less Wrote: The additional problem is that those kids who have a life sheltered from the realities of life, repercussions of their actions and a general lack of personal responsibility effectively retain their teenage status far longer than would otherwise be the case.

Like our recent rich, white, influencer, chrisTopher and his partner perhaps?  Rolleyes

You might be onto something there; they certainly didn't seem to comprehend the possible consequences of their action in entering Iran at such a time.