Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christopher Luxon accused of 'fantastical thinking'
Because he's suggested that our warming seas could be included in carbon accounting to offset rising emissions.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...et-comment

"The plans have angered some rural representative bodies, and Luxon suggested New Zealand’s vast oceans could be used to offset carbon by “using the ocean as a massive carbon sink ... if we change the way we count it” to Tararua residents on Wednesday.

But National’s climate spokesperson, Scott Simpson, said his leader meant all options should be on the table to remove carbon from the environment, including creating kelp farms in the ocean."

I'm wondering about that 'if we change the way we count it' comment - is changing the way things are counted a tiny bit radical? Might not other things also be very different if we change the way we count them; university exams perhaps? Driving test? Sports?
Elections?
Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
If that's the way the Nats plan to govern, heaven help us all. Just massage the balance sheet? Is that how he ran Air NZ?
Shaw, who will be in Egypt on Friday for negotiations, said the only way to limit global warming was to stop adding climate pollution into the atmosphere.

So is he swimming there or taking a great big carbon polluting aircraft?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(05-11-2022, 05:05 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Shaw, who will be in Egypt on Friday for negotiations, said the only way to limit global warming was to stop adding climate pollution into the atmosphere.

So is he swimming there or taking a great big carbon polluting aircraft?

You must read some pretty dubious bullshit.
I do have other cameras!