Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putin allows former prisoners to join his army
What a complete & utter bastard Putin is. The sooner one of his cronies puts an end to his leadership, the better.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63517680

"Convicted murderers and drug dealers who have recently left prison in Russia face being conscripted to fight in Ukraine under a change to the law.
President Vladimir Putin amended the legislation on calling up reservists to include men convicted of serious crimes who recently left prison.
Former prisoners convicted of sex crimes against children or terrorism are still excluded from serving.
Russian soldiers have been accused of crimes during the invasion of Ukraine."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I'm just wondering what will happen when all these cops or whatever they are called that go around to force these people to join up have to join up themselves? Will they run or join voluntarily?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(05-11-2022, 03:28 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I'm just wondering what will happen when all these cops or whatever they are called that go around to force these people to join up have to join up themselves? Will they run or join voluntarily?

Interesting thought - perhaps they've already legged it elsewhere, & who could blame them!
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I see both the benefits and drawbacks of this for Russian society.
Provided these are prisoners that are the scum of Russia such as and not those that have been persecuted under Putins terrible human rights record then its potentially getting rid of people that otherwise dont belong in society.

Main issue is they will likely take lives in Ukraine, and what happens to them afterwards if they are captured by Ukraine? They wont want them as citizens in their country if they try and seek residency after surrender, or if they return back into Russian society and have their sentence removed for serving in the forces, then they have to deal with these criminals in the public.

2 outcomes are Ukraine will either eliminate most of them, and little surrender as prisoners, or else the majority are captured and then released back into russian society.

War sucks, and the innocent pay the price, no matter what side.
They can only hope that Putin and his regime come to a swift end and they are welcomed back into society, but I cant see that happening anytime soon.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
It would be a thing of wonder, if humans could evolve sufficiently to no longer make war on each other.