Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judith Collins' attempt at writing full sentences
Sounds like a great gift idea for someone you hate.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/1281130/judith-joylessly

At least the Left won't need to bother flipping the book over in the bookstore (remember them, they used to sell books) as some sort of protest.
do you fink ardern will ever write a book? or even finish colouring one in
yes i know
(06-07-2020, 04:33 PM)jim157 Wrote: do you fink ardern will ever write a book? or even finish colouring one in

Rhetorical, or not, yes, I believe the Prime Minister will write a book in a few years time. Some politicians write well, some don't. Paula Bennett, for instance, is mentioned in the review (which you no doubt read) as a strong writer so one would expect that she'd put out a strong book.

Collins, veers more to the one-liner, Twitter-ish style of comment so a well-written piece of literature was never going to be likely. If you ever seen her interviewed, she doesn't exactly come across as a raconteur. Snide comments do not a politician make. Her effort falls into the large group of poorly written, overly dictated books - a category overrun with sports autobiographies. You know the ones, they're littered with sentences like "I didn't think we would win the race - but we did! I was overcome with emotion." - they read like a 9-year old's write-up of their school's Athletics Day for the weekly newsletter.

Are you reading any books at the moment? Would be good to have a chat about the written word at some point.
I would be very surprised if Ardern never wrote a book, ever.
(06-07-2020, 06:06 PM)thephoenix Wrote:
(06-07-2020, 04:33 PM)jim157 Wrote: do you fink ardern will ever write a book? or even finish colouring one in

Are you reading any books at the moment? Would be good to have a chat about the written word at some point.
lol im a prolific reader
yes i know
(08-07-2020, 11:36 AM)nzoomed Wrote: I would be very surprised if Ardern never wrote a book, ever.
Many so called 'autobiographies' are written by ghost writers anyway.  So yes, JA will write (sic) a book.
You would prefer the picture book version?
I think that PMs/President's spouses or children write the most interesting books - probably because they're not so tied up with the spin doctoring and ego trips and see things as they are (sometimes). Michelle Obamas book is so much more interesting than her husband's, and Carol Thatcher's book is far better than anything Maggie would have written. So maybe Clarke will have a go? Though there will be a lot about fishing and house moving in it too.