Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows 11 not supported on new Ryzen System
Ive heard a few stories about this happening with others before, but is usually something simple like the TPM or secure boot that needed to be turned on.

I had to update the motherboards BIOS in order for it to support this CPU, which is quite typical for many of these boards with the B550 chipset, but Ive never had any issues in the past with this same hardware configuration, but am using a different model of board this time round. The CPU is a 5600G which ive used before without any issues.
I also had memtest86 giving me errors when testing the memory, but it appears it was just incompatible with my earlier revision of memtest86 as the latest version is giving me a pass.
I tried windows 11 , didn't like it and uninstalled it the same day, windows 10 will probably outlast me anyway so no use upgrading
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Here you go Oldfellah...
https://yourcountdown.to/windows-10-extended-support
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
2 years left for win10, well hopefully win11 will be the "last" windows but I dont count on that happening again.
11 is overall better once you get your head around it, its got some advantages over 10, but things like consoladated context menus I prefer to tweak back to the classic style.

I managed to install 11 on this system, seems to be an issue with the BIOS on the motherboard.
It wants UEFI enabled, which it was, but if the CSM is enabled, it causes a hissy fit.
I can enable the CSM after install and it still boots perfectly fine.
Oh well in that case Ill upgrade in 2 years time, yes Ill still be alive and kicking, hopefully lol
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I keep getting a message saying my laptop is not compatible and it is less than 5 years old and had factory Windows 10 on it. I don't want to have to purchase a new laptop just to keep up to date with it
Crab2
(16-11-2022, 06:43 PM)crab2 Wrote: I keep getting a message saying my laptop is not compatible and it is less than 5 years old and had factory Windows 10 on it. I don't want to have to purchase a new laptop just to keep up to date with it

I have posted a bit more info on the requirements here
https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?tid=1484

also try the PC health check app, that can give clues as to why it fails to meet the specs
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...258df6812b

That's what I get, only 1 thing
Crab2
(16-11-2022, 08:32 PM)crab2 Wrote: That's what I get, only 1 thing

yep thats a fairly old CPU, released in 2015 by the looks of it... 

only option you might have will be the registry hack I mentioned in the post, but I would use with caution and take backups first...

You can install (or upgrade w10) By Downloading W11 ISO, and use Rufus to make a bootable Drive, there are options to bypass the W11 system requirements, You plug in the USB drive open and run setup, follow onscreen instructions. ( don't boot from the USB drive)

BUT make sure you have a complete backup 1st ( like Macrium Reflect) that way if it turns to custard you can put it back as is.

Also IF doing this, be aware that at any time a windows update can break the OS and cause all sorts of problems. ( had that happen on a workshop PC) others no problems at all.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(16-11-2022, 06:43 PM)crab2 Wrote: I keep getting a message saying my laptop is not compatible and it is less than 5 years old and had factory Windows 10 on it. I don't want to have to purchase a new laptop just to keep up to date with it

This is a load of nonsense! You can purchase an HP Stream notebook with a dual core 1.6MHz processor, and a 32GB eMMc drive, with Windows 11 installed. If you use "RUFUS v18" to install it with there is no problem, Rufus 18 will remove all the false requirements from Microsoft. W11 is W10 with a new look and some extra bloat.
(07-04-2023, 09:49 AM)Mzee Wrote:

This is a load of nonsense! You can purchase an HP Stream notebook with a dual core 1.6MHz processor, and a 32GB eMMc drive, with Windows 11 installed. If you use "RUFUS v18" to install it with there is no problem, Rufus 18 will remove all the false requirements from Microsoft. W11 is W10 with a new look and some extra bloat.

Using unofficial hacks to circumvent officially supported hardware requirements is still a hack.  It is not really nonsense if someone wants to ensure their hardware is officially supported, just a personal choice.