Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Problem with the size of desktop changing
I have a problem that when I move the cursor around the screen something makes everything, usually, become quite smaller. Sometimes it also makes everything a lot larger. A small circle with a handle appears with a cross in the centre and when I click on it, it says the percentage of magnification or otherwise. It also has the word "reset" and when I click that it returns to normal.

I thought that it may be something that has switched on and needs to be switched off, but a fortnight ago I bought a new laptop and it is happening on that one as well.

It does not cause any problems but it is annoying. 

I am hoping that someone will be able to tell me how to switch it off.

Thank you very much.
Zooming in by the sounds of it

hold CTRL with the + or - on the keyboard...

But also holding CTRL and scrolling the wheel on a mouse is a zoom function...

Some touchpads also have a scroll track along the bottom and side that I presume might also work with the CTRL key

so check the CTRL button isn't stuck or pressed by a lazy hand, if you know what I mean...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Are you using a mouse?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topi...69fa6208be

Or, maybe this?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...bb300aa28f
Turn off the magnifier --- press the Windows logo Key + Esc key - this will disable it. to enable it, Windows + +(plus Key)
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(10-04-2023, 04:57 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: Turn off the magnifier --- press the Windows logo Key + Esc key - this will disable it.  to enable it, Windows + +(plus Key)

Thank you very much, Wainui. I have done as you said and I look forward to it not happening again.

Much appreciated.
(10-04-2023, 07:36 PM)Roscoe Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 04:57 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: Turn off the magnifier --- press the Windows logo Key + Esc key - this will disable it.  to enable it, Windows + +(plus Key)

Thank you very much, Wainui. I have done as you said and I look forward to it not happening again.

Much appreciated.

If it still opens, From Start / Settings / Accessibility /Magnifier - Click it to Off.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.