Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help with sympathy message
Hi there.
Would love a little help please.

I have a new hair dresser, I’ve been to her twice. On the morning of my 3rd appointment she canceled as her Father was in hospice and wasn’t expected to make it much longer.
He has since passed away.
I have another appointment tomorrow and would like help with wording a card. I am genuinely sorry for her loss but as I don’t know her or her Father at all I’m stuck with wording.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks Smile
Keep it simple 'Thinking of you" is enough, but really, it is a business relationship and no card is required.
(15-11-2022, 01:52 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Keep it simple 'Thinking of you" is enough, but really, it is a business relationship and no card is required.
I was thinking keeping it short and sweet. Thanks for the adviceSmile
(15-11-2022, 01:58 PM)Wildfern Wrote:
(15-11-2022, 01:52 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Keep it simple 'Thinking of you" is enough, but really, it is a business relationship and no card is required.
I was thinking keeping it short and sweet. Thanks for the adviceSmile

Yep I'd second that advice, best under these circumstances when you don't really know them well.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Lilith7
(15-11-2022, 01:58 PM)Wildfern Wrote: I was thinking keeping it short and sweet. Thanks for the adviceSmile

Yep I'd second that advice, best under these circumstances when you don't really know them well.

Thanks guys for your help.

After walking 6kms to my appointment this morning, there was a sign on the door saying closed today. I’m not having much luck here. Might have to break out the kitchen scissors Wink
(16-11-2022, 02:17 PM)Wildfern Wrote: Lilith7
(15-11-2022, 01:58 PM)Wildfern Wrote: I was thinking keeping it short and sweet. Thanks for the adviceSmile

Thanks guys for your help.

After walking 6kms to my appointment this morning, there was a sign on the door saying closed today. I’m not having much luck here. Might have to break out the kitchen scissors Wink

Well...good luck with that! Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Nah. let it grow. I did that after the first lockdown, and these days no one questions my Targaryen heritage. I just need a bigger dragon...
I suggest that when she comes back and you have your appointment just say I'm so sorry and give her a hug, that will be more appreciated as it is a personal touch compared to a card
Crab2
Spontaneous hugs are not necessarily a good thing right now as the new Covid variants push up our infections.
(16-11-2022, 05:58 PM)Olive Wrote: Spontaneous hugs are not necessarily a good thing right now as the new Covid variants push up our infections.

I agree. This is a new business relationship. Best conducted at arms length till it is more established. That protects everyone.