Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poland
A Russian-produced rocket fell on the Polish village of Przewodow, near the Ukrainian border, at 3:40pm (local time), Poland's foreign ministry says.

Should NATO now get involved and invade Russia?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Have been following this on social media.
Looks like Poland has confirmed its Russian despite some reports claiming its a Ukrainian rocket.
Some were speculating from photos of the debris that Ukrainian missile defence attempted to intercept it and it landed in Poland.

Either way, if its a deliberate Russian attack, it means that NATO will enforce article 5, or else we will see at least an article 4 enforcement which would still mean some repercussions for Russia.
Likely we will see more longer range weapons arrive in Ukraine, thats for sure.
Article 5 would mean NATO intervening and attacking Russian targets, would be game over for Putin.
Latest report on RadioNZ was that blast crater analysis will be used to ascertain what direction missile came from. Also heard perhaps from an earlier report that it may have been a (Russian) near miss meant for a nearby strategic bridge in Ukraine.

This has the potential to change the terrain significantly. Hopefully cool heads prevail.
Indeed - very cool heads are needed. I just wish Putin had one of those.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Its all a bit scary though, as you say let cool heads prevail.
(16-11-2022, 02:04 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Its all a bit scary though, as you say let cool heads prevail.

Yeah, the potential is very scary. I hope we have the sense to avoid this situation becoming worse than it already is.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Well those shitty rockets Putin is sending over aren't exactly that accurate or reliable. Could have easily been meant for another Ukranian target, but looks like it overshot a wee bit, Im not sure what target they would have intended striking that close to the border.
I think its very possible that NATO will order strikes on the Russian launch sites and take them out.

If NATO actually send forces into Ukraine, then yes its definitely WW3
Well apparently it was one of the Ukrainian rockets used to shoot the Russian ones out of the sky.
So, what are we going to do about that ? Just keep quiet...it didn't happen. Only the bad guys do bad things.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(16-11-2022, 09:21 PM)Zurdo Wrote: So, what are we going to do about that ?  Just keep quiet...it didn't happen. Only the bad guys do bad things.

Even in war, accidents happen...
(17-11-2022, 05:54 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(16-11-2022, 09:21 PM)Zurdo Wrote: So, what are we going to do about that ?  Just keep quiet...it didn't happen. Only the bad guys do bad things.

Even in war, accidents happen...

True, that.
Friendly fire
(17-11-2022, 12:02 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Friendly fire
Collateral damage.
Hopefully history will be written by the victors, so this will be in an appendix somewhere in the back of the book.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society