Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Red tape around Waikato river water for Auckland
Who would have thought that resource consent would be so difficult to get granted for such filthy water that makes its way out to sea, its literally a drop in the bucket anyway.
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zeal...government
thing is though, should they have to pay to have water from the river, I thought water didn't belong to anyone as it falls from the sky
Crab2
(30-06-2020, 09:54 PM)crab2 Wrote: thing is though, should they have to pay to have water from the river, I thought water didn't belong to anyone as it falls from the sky
It appears this is because iwi are making a claim on this.
Perhaps its because they now own lake Taupo and assume all water rights from its water? Undecided
(01-07-2020, 10:25 AM)nzoomed Wrote:
(30-06-2020, 09:54 PM)crab2 Wrote: thing is though, should they have to pay to have water from the river, I thought water didn't belong to anyone as it falls from the sky
It appears this is because iwi are making a claim on this.
Perhaps its because they now own lake Taupo and assume all water rights from its water? Undecided

seems like they want to own everything and get millions out of settlement claims, I'd like to know what they are actually doing to help their own with the level of poverty so many are living in given they have these millions
Crab2
(01-07-2020, 11:53 AM)crab2 Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 10:25 AM)nzoomed Wrote: It appears this is because iwi are making a claim on this.

seems like they want to own everything and get millions out of settlement claims, I'd like to know what they are actually doing to help their own with the level of poverty so many are living in given they have these millions
Completely agree
(01-07-2020, 12:40 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 11:53 AM)crab2 Wrote: seems like they want to own everything and get millions out of settlement claims, I'd like to know what they are actually doing to help their own with the level of poverty so many are living in given they have these millions
Completely agree
I agree as well.  I heard a Maori man on talkback last night saying where they want to take the water from is where the women used to wash the dead bodies so it is sacred there---not last week but during the early days of the white man arriving.  Even their 'ghosts' would have long age been washed out to sea by now.  Plain greedy and nothing seems to be done to help house their poor or those with health problems.  Covid won't break this country but their continuing demands are yet nothing gets handed down to 'our people' who refuse to acknowledge any other race in their ancestry.
(01-07-2020, 11:53 AM)crab2 Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 10:25 AM)nzoomed Wrote: It appears this is because iwi are making a claim on this.

Most Iwi are doing plenty to set up their young for the future and look after their elderly. You could contact each individual Iwi and ask, However as  it’s none of your business what they do with their own money, you will likely get a curt response.