Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes! China doing it again...
Thumbs Up 
Sometimes we need reminding just how sophisticated a culture this mega nation really is...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/30074...ng-society
That's absolutely brilliant! Why the hell isn't every country doing that. Imagine, the massive difference it could make, if ever person in every country was able to access free education throughout their entire lives.
I don't often agree with their govt but they have this one well & truly right, well done them. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Actively learning challenging stuff creates new neurological pathways and new brain cells, countering age related degeneration. For that benefit alone it is worth doing...
(21-11-2022, 04:52 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Actively learning challenging stuff creates new neurological pathways and new brain cells, countering age related degeneration. For that benefit alone it is worth doing...

Exactly - & in older people, that's likely to help stave off Alzheimer's which has to be good for the entire country. 

We could change the world, just by allowing every last person in it to learn whatever interests them for their entire lifetimes. Imagine the progress humans could make...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
That has reminded me of the now defunct University Extension classes that used to be held at high schools after school hours. There was a huge range of subjects at low cost. I can't now remember when they vanished but presume that funding was withdrawn and reinstatement has never been considered.
(21-11-2022, 06:26 PM)Olive Wrote: That has reminded me of the now defunct University Extension classes that used to be held at high schools after school hours.  There was a huge range of subjects at low cost.    I can't now remember when they vanished but presume that funding was withdrawn and reinstatement has never been considered.

Around the time education became a product that could be brought and sold, for a profit, rather than a universal human inheritance accessible to anyone who wanted it...

Lifelong learning - it is one of my passion subjects.  Big Grin
(21-11-2022, 06:34 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(21-11-2022, 06:26 PM)Olive Wrote: That has reminded me of the now defunct University Extension classes that used to be held at high schools after school hours.  There was a huge range of subjects at low cost.    I can't now remember when they vanished but presume that funding was withdrawn and reinstatement has never been considered.

Around the time education became a product that could be brought and sold, for a profit, rather than a universal human inheritance accessible to anyone who wanted it...

Lifelong learning - it is one of my passion subjects.  Big Grin

Indeed - & thank you & your merry band of greed-crazed bastards, bloody-roger-bloody-douglas! Dodgy

Who nonetheless,  should perhaps be thanked for the lesson he's given us all on what happens when unbridled greed is permitted free rein.  Sad
(21-11-2022, 02:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Sometimes we need reminding just how sophisticated a culture this mega nation really is...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/30074...ng-society
Well no surprises here with their aging population due to a one child policy!