Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dairy worker killed in stabbing
Thumbs Down 
This has got to stop, its getting out of hand!
https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/3007462...m-auckland
Yes it does. However the current government is not hard on crime or criminals. Their process they set up to install anti robbery measures via the Police is woefully inadequate and far behind the targets that had been laid down. In one case telling a dairy owner that needed to be robbed first before they could be assessed. I guess the good news is this dairy will now be on the list? I am sure the dead workers new wife will be thrilled.
(24-11-2022, 10:27 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Yes it does.  However the current government is not hard on crime or criminals. Their process they set up to install anti robbery measures via the Police is woefully inadequate and far behind the targets that had been laid down.  In one case telling a dairy owner that needed to be robbed first before they could be assessed.  I guess the good news is this dairy will now be on the list?  I am sure the dead workers new wife will be thrilled.

I agree and sad to say this government hasn't got a clue on how to solve the ever increasing crime rate the government deny their is a recession and now they will deny their is excessive crime.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
The crime rate has been growing, possibly at about the same rate as has that gap between rich & poor.

The one which no govt over the past decades has had the courage to attempt to fix, other than the odd nibble at its edges. And blaming those at the rough end of it, naturally.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Yes, they certainly don't seem interested in crime, but, when I see this, I see a lot of effort has gone into hauling these guys to justice. 220 charges against Mongol members - meth is the biggest driver of crime, and targeting this area has got to help. Also confiscating all the proceeds of crime - the cars, the bikes, the money and property. This is tax evasion, laundering the money collected from the meth trade.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/ne...y-verdicts
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(24-11-2022, 02:37 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(24-11-2022, 10:27 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Yes it does.  However the current government is not hard on crime or criminals. Their process they set up to install anti robbery measures via the Police is woefully inadequate and far behind the targets that had been laid down.  In one case telling a dairy owner that needed to be robbed first before they could be assessed.  I guess the good news is this dairy will now be on the list?  I am sure the dead workers new wife will be thrilled.

I agree and sad to say this government hasn't got a clue on how to solve the ever increasing crime rate the government deny their is a recession and now they will deny their is excessive crime.

Their = there (x2) Guess there is a long standing literacy issue too.
(24-11-2022, 07:05 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(24-11-2022, 02:37 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I agree and sad to say this government hasn't got a clue on how to solve the ever increasing crime rate the government deny their is a recession and now they will deny their is excessive crime.

Their = there (x2) Guess there is a long standing literacy issue too.

SHOCK HORROR!!! their/there is a literacy policeman on duty tonight , whats up armless you in a grump this evening huh?
(24-11-2022, 07:28 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(24-11-2022, 07:05 PM)harm_less Wrote: Their = there (x2) Guess there is a long standing literacy issue too.

SHOCK HORROR!!! their/there is a literacy policeman on duty tonight , whats up armless you in a grump this evening huh?
Spent most of the day in front of a laptop formulating advertising content. Too tired to want to juggle your text to make it intelligible. Would you sooner I corrected (edited) your post directly?

I'm sure harm_less was only suggesting that in jest.  Posts are only flagged/modified by admin/mods if they break a specific rule ( Rule 9B)

Edit: a small exception to this I should mention - I will sometimes edit a post to fix layout issues, for example where the quoting has become a bit messed up...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Well in that case ill delete it
Where are the dairy owners of the Sandringham dairy? We've heard nothing from them - are they still enjoying their trip home to India? And why have they not expressed sorrow and anger on behalf of their employee who paid with his life for looking after their dairy?
(27-11-2022, 05:12 PM)Outsider Wrote: Where are the dairy owners of the Sandringham dairy? We've heard nothing from them - are they still enjoying their trip home to India? And why have they not expressed sorrow and anger on behalf of their employee who paid with his life for looking after their dairy?

A very good question Outsider...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(27-11-2022, 05:12 PM)Outsider Wrote: Where are the dairy owners of the Sandringham dairy? We've heard nothing from them - are they still enjoying their trip home to India? And why have they not expressed sorrow and anger on behalf of their employee who paid with his life for looking after their dairy?

If they're even aware of NZ news where they are they're probably only too aware of the political shit storm that this has developed into and none too keen to become part of it, and who would blame them.
(27-11-2022, 05:40 PM)harm_less Wrote:

If they're even aware of NZ news where they are they're probably only too aware of the political shit storm that this has developed into and none too keen to become part of it, and who would blame them.

Do you honestly believe they haven't been informed about the killing of their employee? Of course they have!
This very sad event is being milked for all its worth and more by callous news media and other political forces, including Sunny Kaushal, who has tried to be a candidate for both Labour and National.

People are entitled to privacy and that includes the owners of the dairy. There is a lot of performative grieving going on and not everyone feels a need to participate.
(27-11-2022, 05:49 PM)Olive Wrote: This very sad event is being milked for all its worth and more by callous news media and other political forces, including Sunny Kaushal, who has tried to be a candidate for both Labour and National.

People are entitled to privacy and that includes the owners of the dairy.  There is a lot of performative grieving going on and not everyone feels a need to participate.

My thoughts almost exactly Olive; the opposition are doing their best to blame just this govt & portray themselves as 'tough on crime', in hopes of gaining votes. Having the grace & sensitivity to allow the family & his community to grieve in peace rather than using a tragic death for their own gain is apparently beyond them.
Our media seems to be getting worse.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Yes, and Indians are not a grandstanding culture, I'm sure all are in contact, he won't be ''just a worker'' for the owners.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
I keep hearing 'the government has to do something...', but I am not hearing any ideas about what that something is. Is that magical thinking, or just passing the buck? Seems to me people choose to commit crimes, even choose sometimes, through their actions, to become victims of crime.

The Sallie Home Stores aren't being ram raided. No one is robbing food banks at knife point.

And I know desperation, drug addiction, gang stuff, poverty of mind, spirit, and generational culture contributes - but what exactly does the government have to do that will stop criminals hurting people?

Does anyone actually know?
Some of them seem to expect the PM to patrol Sandringham armed with an AK47
The PM attended Janek Patel's funeral, & I don't doubt that there'll be complaints about that. Just as there would have been had she not attended it.

This govt could perhaps make a start on addressing poverty, lessening that gap between rich & poor. And they could look at teaching kids empathy in schools. There are various things which could be done, but the problem is that all the things likely to be most effective are things which are not going to work overnight.
Problems which have been decades in the making - in this country, thanks to both National & Labour - can't be fixed swiftly.

Something which surely, ACT & National must be well aware of, but what they want is something harsh & punitive, regardless of whether or not it actually works so that they can then point proudly to their wonderful 'get tough on crime' strategy. Which, with any sort of luck & a tail wind, will only be discovered to be totally ineffective after they're voted out again.

I would actually like to know why it is that our political parties are apparently incapable of putting aside their petty point scoring & political differences long enough to fix the situation, to for once, damn well work together to benefit all of us.