Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows 8 End of Support looming...
For anyone still running Windows 8 or 8.1

Quote:Important: 
  • Support for Windows 8 ended on January 12, 2016, and support for Windows 8.1 will end on January 10, 2023. Learn more
  • Microsoft 365 Apps is no longer supported on Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 after they have reached their end of support dates. To avoid performance and reliability issues, we recommend that you move to a newer version of Windows.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/offi...45d8215595

Time to upgrade to Windows 10...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Don't miss windows 8 at all.
I still see more windows 7 machines than windows 8!
Now I see chrome is dropping support on win7, so that's going to move many over to win10
Don't be at all surprised if Microsoft Extend W10. Many current computers wont "naturally" run W11. Sure W10 is still good till at least 2025, but thats not to far off. Smile
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(12-12-2022, 08:29 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: Don't be at all surprised if Microsoft Extend W10. Many current computers wont "naturally" run W11. Sure W10 is still good till at least 2025, but thats not to far off. Smile

there is absolutely no reason why they couldn't, other than their lifecycle policy...  Ultimately I think it comes down to having to provide resources for support and security updates for multiple different Windows versions concurrently - but they do that for a good part of the lifecycle already.  

I guess it's like an old car, at some point it becomes uneconomical to keep patching it up...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I've mostly given up on Windows now.
Funny, I never thought I would.
But Windows has changed too much for me,
Or I have changed too much for it.

I still have XP etc around for legacy hardware and gaming but anything past Windows 7 doesn't impress me at all.