Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honest Govt Ad- The Rental Crisis (Aussie)
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
And the anti-Ardern brigade bleat about our housing crisis being a solely NZ issue. Human greed is multinational.
As is the health crisis, the youth crime crisis, the inflation crisis, the education standards crisis, the inequity crisis, the refugee crisis, and all the other crises our media love to whack the government over...
lol, i like these videos.
The truth is there is no such thing as an "honest" government.
(06-12-2022, 10:17 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: lol, i like these videos.

lol, varying degrees of honesty, like car salesman...

(06-12-2022, 12:05 PM)king1 Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 10:17 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: lol, i like these videos.

lol, varying degrees of honesty, like car salesman...

Yep and Ardern would be the car salesman with the winkle picker shoes, plaid jacket and under the dash winding back the speedo.  And of course the TV ads saying "trust me!".
(06-12-2022, 12:16 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 12:05 PM)king1 Wrote: lol, varying degrees of honesty, like car salesman...

Yep and Ardern would be the car salesman with the winkle picker shoes, plaid jacket and under the dash winding back the speedo.  And of course the TV ads saying "trust me!".
Would you sooner buy a car from BS artist Luxon? He used to run an airline, you know...
Perhaps we need a law, making every govt here responsible for building sufficient, good quality & eco friendly housing. With a wee penalty clause to the effect that, if they don't & if its due to their own fault rather than material shortage or a natural disaster then we don't bother with the expense of an election, but just change govts.

Having first made it illegal for any politician to own more than say two houses in total.

And btw, that youth crime crisis thing? Not so much, it seems.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/the-who...tually-say

"Analysing data published by the police shows there has been an increase in youth crime since the end of the 2021 lockdown.

Youth crime has increased recently, but according to the best data we have, the overall trend is still a drop-off since 2014."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(06-12-2022, 02:21 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 12:16 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Yep and Ardern would be the car salesman with the winkle picker shoes, plaid jacket and under the dash winding back the speedo.  And of course the TV ads saying "trust me!".
Would you sooner buy a car from BS artist Luxon? He used to run an airline, you know...

And very well he ran it too.  

Speaking of BS - how about that entrenchment clause the PM didn't know about.  Now we are talking about BS!
(06-12-2022, 07:38 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 02:21 PM)harm_less Wrote: Would you sooner buy a car from BS artist Luxon? He used to run an airline, you know...

And very well he ran it too.  

Speaking of BS - how about that entrenchment clause the PM didn't know about.  Now we are talking about BS!

and speaking of BS, and how well he ran Air New Zealand, and general dodgy bastardness...  
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/no-recolle...QYBABUJAQ/

(06-12-2022, 08:09 PM)king1 Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 07:38 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: And very well he ran it too.  

and speaking of BS, and how well he ran Air New Zealand, and general dodgy bastardness...  
Along the lines of 'if it makes money then what's the problem?' I suspect. We had enough of that carry on under Key's PM-ship and I can see it being Luxon's MO if he gains power. Our country, environment and public services will be worst affected and if you think we've got an inequality problem now a term or two of Luxon and co will getto-ize our lower socioeconomic suburbs and regions.
(06-12-2022, 08:54 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 08:09 PM)king1 Wrote: and speaking of BS, and how well he ran Air New Zealand, and general dodgy bastardness...  
Along the lines of 'if it makes money then what's the problem?' I suspect. We had enough of that carry on under Key's PM-ship and I can see it being Luxon's MO if he gains power. Our country, environment and public services will be worst affected and if you think we've got an inequality problem now a term or two of Luxon and co will getto-ize our lower socioeconomic suburbs and regions.

Because inequality has gotten so much better under this government right?
Okay, so what exactly do you object to in the entrenchment clause?
(07-12-2022, 03:04 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Okay, so what exactly do you object to in the entrenchment clause?

The clause itself.  Using any form of entrenchment for policy sets dangerous precedent which is why virtually every constitutional lawyer in the country dammed it.  I don't object for the securing of water assets from sale but this wasn't the way to do it.  BTW the act already had significant protection from sale of assets via the requirement of 2 super majorities (75%) and a majority vote by ratepayers.   

The question Ardern refuses to answer (see Mondays post cabinet presser) is if she knew about it which considering she was at the meeting where it was discussed seems she must have.  And if she knew why didn't she squash it then?

Less of a "mistake"  more "oh fuck they caught us".
(06-12-2022, 08:54 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 08:09 PM)king1 Wrote: and speaking of BS, and how well he ran Air New Zealand, and general dodgy bastardness...  

And that is exactly the problem with Neo Liberalism; those who practise it cannot see past that gigantic dollar sign. 
They're not at all bothered by children going without, they simply blame parents. They're not concerned by homeless people (its all their own fault) or rising crime - bad parenting again. (But maybe we could build more youth prisons & make some money from them.) 

Unless there's money to be made, they fail to see value in anything Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(06-12-2022, 08:09 PM)king1 Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 07:38 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: And very well he ran it too.  

And as I am sure has been explained in the past the likelihood that he would have known about what was a small sub contract is highly unlikely.

But as for recollection - the PM couldn't remember voting to put forward a entrenchment clause in a meeting she chaired.  Course if you believe that pull the other one - it plays jingle bells.
Honest govt ads - the floods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvFy2TuPDaw