Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
elon musk says FTX CEO donated 1 billion dollars to the democrats
If this is the case, he will likely get off scott free.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...id-go.html
Sounds to me like Elon has found someone else to take a bit of the public backlash for a while...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(06-12-2022, 01:09 PM)king1 Wrote: Sounds to me like Elon has found someone else to take a bit of the public backlash for a while...

Well he is facing backlash himself, but at the moment he is releasing all sorts of stuff surrounding hunter biden and twitters involvement in censoring politics.
(06-12-2022, 01:13 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 01:09 PM)king1 Wrote: Sounds to me like Elon has found someone else to take a bit of the public backlash for a while...

Well he is facing backlash himself, but at the moment he is releasing all sorts of stuff surrounding hunter biden and twitters involvement in censoring politics.

Yeah  -I saw that...he claimed that the white house asked twitter to delete threads about Hunter Biden, but when this happened Trump was still president! Anyone who trusts what Musk says is deluded, or worse.
I do have other cameras!
The man is the perfect illustration of how too much money affects people.
(06-12-2022, 05:52 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The man is the perfect illustration of how too much money affects people.

You have to wonder whether his mental health has been affected by it. He doesn't appear to be the world's most well balanced human. Dodgy  Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(06-12-2022, 06:16 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 05:52 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The man is the perfect illustration of how too much money affects people.

You have to wonder whether his mental health has been affected by it. He doesn't appear to be the world's most well balanced human. Dodgy  Rolleyes

He has publicly said he has Asperger's Syndrome/Autism. Just means he sees the world differently to most people. Like Greta Thunberg he uses it as a superpower which allows him to innovate at a very much higher level than the average human.

(06-12-2022, 06:59 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 06:16 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: You have to wonder whether his mental health has been affected by it. He doesn't appear to be the world's most well balanced human. Dodgy  Rolleyes

He has publicly said he has Asperger's Syndrome/Autism. Just means he sees the world differently to most people. Like Greta Thunberg he uses it as a superpower which allows him to innovate at a very much higher level than the average human.

Innovation? He makes his profits by farming subsidies for electric vehicles - standard financial chicanery.
I do have other cameras!
(07-12-2022, 10:35 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 06:59 PM)harm_less Wrote: He has publicly said he has Asperger's Syndrome/Autism. Just means he sees the world differently to most people. Like Greta Thunberg he uses it as a superpower which allows him to innovate at a very much higher level than the average human.

Innovation? He makes his profits by farming subsidies for electric vehicles - standard financial chicanery.
You ignore the fact that he's actually developed a huge EV business model from a small start-up company, and that followed on from his development of the PayPal platform. He also has considerable interests in SpaceX, SolarCity and now Twitter. The EV subsidy is just a business opportunity created to a large degree by the steep uptake of EVs which of course has been a direct result of Tesla's rise.

How many successful entrepreneurs aren't using their position of power to derive increased income from their businesses?
(06-12-2022, 06:59 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 06:16 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: You have to wonder whether his mental health has been affected by it. He doesn't appear to be the world's most well balanced human. Dodgy  Rolleyes

Interesting - I had no idea he was on the Autism spectrum, that explains much of his behaviour.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(07-12-2022, 01:49 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 06:59 PM)harm_less Wrote: He has publicly said he has Asperger's Syndrome/Autism. Just means he sees the world differently to most people. Like Greta Thunberg he uses it as a superpower which allows him to innovate at a very much higher level than the average human.

Interesting - I had no idea he was on the Autism spectrum, that explains much of his behaviour.
except maybe paying some stupid amount of money for twitter
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(07-12-2022, 02:21 PM)king1 Wrote:
(07-12-2022, 01:49 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Interesting - I had no idea he was on the Autism spectrum, that explains much of his behaviour.
except maybe paying some stupid amount of money for twitter

Musk's net worth is close to USD200B so the USD44B he paid for Twitter while being extravagant isn't going to break the bank if he cocks up that investment. I can well imagine his belief in free speech was both a reason for purchasing Twitter and a result of his own blatantly honest communication style which in itself is an autism related trait.

This movie is a brilliant insight into the mechinations of an autistic mind. Temple sees her world in a totally different way to other people and uses that superpower to great effect.

(07-12-2022, 04:32 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(07-12-2022, 02:21 PM)king1 Wrote: except maybe paying some stupid amount of money for twitter

Musk's net worth is close to USD200B so the USD44B he paid for Twitter while being extravagant isn't going to break the bank if he cocks up that investment. I can well imagine his belief in free speech was both a reason for purchasing Twitter and a result of his own blatantly honest communication style which in itself is an autism related trait.

This movie is a brilliant insight into the mechinations of an autistic mind. Temple sees her world in a totally different way to other people and uses that superpower to great effect.

I've read a bit about her, she's designed equipment to help dealing with cows less traumatising for them; that looks an interesting movie. Smile
(07-12-2022, 04:32 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(07-12-2022, 02:21 PM)king1 Wrote: except maybe paying some stupid amount of money for twitter

I think thats half the reason we see elon giving unrealistic release dates for tesla models! (still waiting for the 2020 roadster to be released) Big Grin