Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gone to guns n roses!
Opening act on right now. Looks like its going to be an awesome concert. Apparently GNR will be playing for 3 hours solid!
(08-12-2022, 04:59 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Opening act on right now. Looks like its going to be an awesome concert. Apparently GNR will be playing for 3 hours solid!

GNR are bit after my time but I'm sure they'll put on a good show for the faithful Cool
They have a reputation as really good value in concert so hope its excellent. They're more my kids generation really, but I like them too.
Hope its a good show Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(08-12-2022, 05:31 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 04:59 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Opening act on right now. Looks like its going to be an awesome concert. Apparently GNR will be playing for 3 hours solid!

GNR are bit after my time but I'm sure they'll put on a good show for the faithful Cool

I'm surprised how many age groups are here to be honest!
Even if it's not everyone's cup of tea, a live rock concert is actually quite an awesome experience.
One of the opening acts was a kiwi thrash metal band that sings in te reo!
I can't say I enjoyed the second aussie band however!?
(09-12-2022, 01:11 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 05:31 PM)harm_less Wrote: GNR are bit after my time but I'm sure they'll put on a good show for the faithful Cool

Even if it's not everyone's cup of tea, a live rock concert is actually quite an awesome experience.

I know of Alien weaponry, they're brilliant! And they're just kids. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(09-12-2022, 01:11 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 05:31 PM)harm_less Wrote: GNR are bit after my time but I'm sure they'll put on a good show for the faithful Cool

Been to plenty of arena sized concerts but bands that predate GNR primarily. Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, The Sweet, Rolling Stones, Midnight Oil (x2), Jethro Tull, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits, Cold Chisel, Joe Satriani, Rod Stewart and numerous 'tasters' at WOMAD over the past 12 or so years. Pink Floyd definitely the standout of those I've seen.

Sorry to have missed the opportunity to see Queen or Frank Zappa in their time.

On a similar note we caught Daniel Champagne in New Plymouth last week. Suited to the small venue and amazing guitar skills with much of it using the guitar as a percussion instrument. On his way south this week and worth a night out if he plays in your area.

(09-12-2022, 03:09 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 01:11 PM)nzoomed Wrote: I'm surprised how many age groups are here to be honest!
Been to plenty of arena sized concerts but bands that predate GNR primarily. Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, The Sweet, Rolling Stones, Midnight Oil (x2), Jethro Tull, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits, Cold Chisel, Joe Satriani, Rod Stewart and numerous 'tasters' at WOMAD over the past 12 or so years. Pink Floyd definitely the standout of those I've seen.

Sorry to have missed the opportunity to see Queen or Frank Zappa in their time.

On a similar note we caught Daniel Champagne in New Plymouth last week. Suited to the small venue and amazing guitar skills with much of it using the guitar as a percussion instrument. On his way south this week and worth a night out if he plays in your area.

I really would have loved to have seen pink floyd, but was a bit before my time!

Had a good time away in Wellington anyway.
I did a tour of weta the day before the concert and the guide told us that GNR were also doing a tour and thought they may have crossed paths with us but unfortunately we didn't bump into them.