Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fed up with buyers complaining on postage price.
I get a buyer winge about postage of a small item.
Will fit in a bubble bag, I quoted $10, i was taking bubblewrap into consideration.
Buyer comes back and says i think it should cost only $5.
I dont think you can even send items that low these days.
I directed them to NZ posts page and said it will fit in a small size bubble bag $8 tracked or $10 courier.
Will give them less protection than if i wrapped several times and put in an unprotected bag, but thats on them if they dont want it.
postage is such a hassle, i am reluctant to even offer it these days - most stuff I sell nowadays (rarely) is pickup only. Limits the market a lot and probably get less for items, but avoids a lot of grief...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Agreed, ive found facebook market really good to get rid of stuff too, and in some cases i get a better price than on trademe and no comission plus most of the sales are pickup.
I just hate throwing out stuff thats too good for the bin.
I am getting pissed off with NZ Posts slow pick up and long transit times.

However, choice is limited.

As far as cost goes, so long as shipping cost is clearly specified buyers can like it or lump it. Buying is a choice..
I use aramex alot because they are cheaper and have fast service, although i find at times they are very slack when it comes to picking up parcels in my area.
Dealing with insurance claims with NZ post is a waste of time, absolutely crap service, they take forever and then try and say that it was not packed properly despite the parcel wrapped in many tons of layers of bubblewrap but the parcel is totally squashed and a sign of gross neglect, its on them to look after their parcels.