Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spark Sports "withdrawing from streaming market"
yay! Article in Stuff this morning. TVNZ will broadcast cricket on TVOne and Duke free to air. I wonder if SkySport will take up F1 and Motogp
(16-12-2022, 09:33 AM)bellbird Wrote: yay! Article in Stuff this morning. TVNZ will broadcast cricket on TVOne and Duke free to air. I wonder if SkySport will take up F1 and Motogp

Hope not. Considering I only get F1, I'd rather not to deal with skys PITA pricing model and lacklustre streaming options just for that. F1TV for me (at $14 a month)
i'm seeing 

Quote:Spark is in talks with TVNZ about a potential “content partnering agreement” covering Spark Sport

Nothing about withdrawing from the streaming market?  where did you read that?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/3007668...go-to-tvnz
(16-12-2022, 10:01 AM)king1 Wrote: i'm seeing 

Quote:Spark is in talks with TVNZ about a potential “content partnering agreement” covering Spark Sport

(16-12-2022, 10:11 AM)bellbird Wrote: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/3007668...go-to-tvnz
(16-12-2022, 10:01 AM)king1 Wrote: i'm seeing 

ah the article I looked at was from yesterday - what a difference a day makes...  

the folks at sky will be walking around with a rather large smirk on their face today

Sky taking over everything -- God help us, they cant even get the roll out from Vodafone TV sorted when it originally was announced. NOW its January February before it will be rolled out, any bets it gets changed AGAIN ( for about he 4th time). Tongue
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
Please Lord, don't let TVNZ get MotoGP.

They will fill it with bloody ads Sad
(16-12-2022, 10:23 AM)king1 Wrote:
(16-12-2022, 10:11 AM)bellbird Wrote: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/3007668...go-to-tvnz
ah the article I looked at was from yesterday - what a difference a day makes...  

the folks at sky will be walking around with a rather large smirk on their face today

(16-12-2022, 06:53 PM)zippity Wrote: Please Lord, don't let TVNZ get MotoGP.

Thats whats put me of some, ok Most motor sports, bloody  5 minutes of Programs 3 times the ads Puke
(16-12-2022, 07:53 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: [quote pid="32106" dateline="1671173630"]
Please Lord, don't let TVNZ get MotoGP.

Thats whats put me of some, ok Most motor sports, bloody  5 minutes of Programs 3 times the ads Puke
[/quote]

At least with Sky UK you don't get the ads plumb in the middle of racing.

Likewise with TVNZ Supercars coverage Big Grin 

(16-12-2022, 07:53 PM)Wainuitech Wrote:

I am wondering without much optimism, if Spark will reduce the monthly cost of my all I can eat streaming package now...

Be a nice change from the steady stream of small increases we've got used to over the years.
F1 has gone back to Sky.

I haven't seen anything about WRC or Moto GP yet.
We did have MotoGP on a free to air channel a few years ago, but it didn't last very long. Races are midnight Sunday, so with work the next day recording would be a good option. MotoGP is the only sport I watch, do it by dubious websites.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society

A minor problem! The way the government is going its likely to only be broadcast in Maori with English subtitles if we are lucky.
(18-12-2022, 10:30 AM)CliveM Wrote:

A minor problem! The way the government is going its likely to only be broadcast in Maori with English subtitles if we are lucky.

and that is how you will know the New World Order has taken control...

Ohhhh goody! I must get my baskets of rude remarks together again so I am armed and ready to respond any casually racist remarks I come across. Love standing up for my kid and her gorgeous brown babies. Must admit though, my aim has been a bit off since being without targets for such a long time, so apologies in advance for any bruises inflicted on innocent bystanders...
(18-12-2022, 11:53 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Ohhhh goody! I must get my baskets of rude remarks together again so I am armed and ready to respond any casually racist remarks I come across. Love standing up for my kid and her gorgeous brown babies. Must admit though, my aim has been a bit off since being without targets for such a long time, so apologies in advance for any bruises inflicted on innocent bystanders...

lol, be nice to the newbies - we have a nice respectable forum here...

(18-12-2022, 12:21 PM)king1 Wrote:
(18-12-2022, 11:53 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Ohhhh goody! I must get my baskets of rude remarks together again so I am armed and ready to respond any casually racist remarks I come across. Love standing up for my kid and her gorgeous brown babies. Must admit though, my aim has been a bit off since being without targets for such a long time, so apologies in advance for any bruises inflicted on innocent bystanders...

Big Grin Dont worry about any PF1 members coming over being offended. There have been some real hum dinger "Discussions"  over the years.  Angry

Theres a few LARGE billboards about that are in Maori with English subtitles already, which is just as well because many people don't understand the language.
I have been thoroughly educated by having a mixed race daughter who chose to prioritise her tangata whenua heritage over my side of her genes. It was an interesting time, raising her through her 'activism' phase, we didn't come to blows, but it was close at times. Now of course lots of us have been re educated into a more civilised approach to our mixed race fellows, and te reo has been part of that process. We absorb so much just by osmosis, and as we age that is the easiest and most painless way to learn. Especially those of us older generation, whose exposure to other ethnicities, other cultures was often very limited. My upbringing was very white, very middle class, with all that goes with it, right up until I gave birth to a wahine, who grew up to have very strong ideas about who she wanted to be.

And watching her be treated badly by some, especially those who should have known better, simply because she had golden skin and brown eyes really hurt my heart, and that was the greatest lesson of all. The thought of my beautiful and beloved grandchildren going through some of that rubbish is even worse, so I am sensitive to racism, even the hint of it.

And climbing out of our ruts is actually very good for our brains. The discomfort of hard learning is actually a sign we are making new brain cells, just as well, considering how many we lose after middle age...

(18-12-2022, 12:21 PM)king1 Wrote:

Uh huh... Rolleyes
I remember my grandmother having trouble changing to decimal currency...but she got there in the end. Her generation were used to change, later generations are in ruts they get stuck in.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society

Dusting off my arsenal as we speak.   Love standing up for decency, as well as for your beautiful offspring and mokopuna.   There is no such thing as an innocent racist.  Ignorant racists, yes.