Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wanted - good free video downloader program
I use 4K Video Downloader for downloading video clips of subjects I’m studying.  It’s excellent for many websites like YouTube, but many websites just won’t respond, and I can’t find any straightforward way to do this.
I’m on a very tight budget, so any free and easy-to-use programs that will let me do that would be great.  Many programs claim they will work with “hundreds of websites”, but often don’t.
Please note:- I have no intention of breaching any copyright material.
Obstructive, critical or negative comments will not be helpful, but positive and useful suggestions will be genuinely valued - any constructive and practical help appreciated.
I also use 4K for most stuff, but for other websites I find this to be helpful...
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...jliaokphfk

it's a browser extension but there is also a client program that is installed for some sites iirc It is a bit clunky though and not particularly intuitive to use but usually works
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I know you said Free would be better for you BUT try Internet download manager https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/?v=641b06 

Theres a free fully operational 30 day trial, that way you can see if its worth your while  buying it. Even Then a full life time licence isn't that expensive. $38.50 for lifetime licence.

Been using it for years, only pay once and that's its.  It downloads just about anything, meaning not just videos, but programs, documents, music. Example can pull through a 2.3GB linux ISO in around  20 Seconds, as it connects to several providers all once.   The Picture - Full Music Track,720HD in 3 seconds.

There's a couple of sites it wont work, but many more that others wont but IDM will. Youtube included, in different quality.

[Image: 52570098996_81b01ab84d_b.jpg]
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
I love a command prompt, so yt-dlp for me.

Also use Video DownloadHelper from within the browser, but that can be a mixed bag sometimes.