Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help needed to remove Mcafee
Mcaffe is just a damn nuisance. It keeps popping up and telling me that I need to activate it but I don't want to. So I downloaded the Mcaffe removal tool but it just does not work.

I have gone to Settings and looked at the list of apps to remove it but it is not listed so I am at a loss as to how to remove it.

Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

Roscoe.
is this the removal tool you tried
https://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-l...R/MCPR.exe

from method 2 here?
https://www.mcafee.com/support/?articleI...ticle-view

What OS version are you on?
Sometimes it runs better in safe mode...
Sometimes you need to remove other security software first, so if you have a freebie AV as well uninstall that first
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
If after running the Crapafee removal tool, its still there, download and run This antivirus removal tool https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details...%20program.

It does have the same removal tool  as previously mentioned but digs deeper.

Run the above program AFTER the other removal tool, as mcafee thinks its a bug and will kill it, its NOT its just McAfee trying to protect its self.

Run it, tell it to Search / scan, the when it finds the mcafee folders right click and open them, manually delete them.

You can also run revo uninstaller (portable) in advanced mode, and get it to remove the folders reg keys etc.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(24-12-2022, 10:25 AM)Roscoe Wrote: Mcaffe is just a damn nuisance. It keeps popping up and telling me that I need to activate it but I don't want to. So I downloaded the Mcaffe removal tool but it just does not work.

I have gone to Settings and looked at the list of apps to remove it but it is not listed so I am at a loss as to how to remove it.

Weird if it does not show in the installed programs list.
Does it actually run? Can you open it and use it? Or are you just getting random activation messages.
Possible that the messages are fake and being generated by some adware or such?
(26-12-2022, 08:52 AM)Agent_24 Wrote:
(24-12-2022, 10:25 AM)Roscoe Wrote: Mcaffe is just a damn nuisance. It keeps popping up and telling me that I need to activate it but I don't want to. So I downloaded the Mcaffe removal tool but it just does not work.

Weird if it does not show in the installed programs list.
Does it actually run? Can you open it and use it? Or are you just getting random activation messages.
Possible that the messages are fake and being generated by some adware or such?

Wouldn't be the first time, Chrome notifications have been hijacked for this purpose in the past.

OP are the messages in the lower RHS of the screen, this is where Chrome displays it's notifications...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(24-12-2022, 03:37 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: If after running the Crapafee removal tool, its still there, download and run This antivirus removal tool https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details...%20program.

Run the above program AFTER the other removal tool, as mcafee thinks its a bug and will kill it, its NOT its just McAfee trying to protect its self.

Run it, tell it to Search / scan, the when it finds the mcafee folders right click and open them, manually delete them.

You can also run revo uninstaller (portable) in advanced mode, and get it to remove the folders reg keys etc.

Thank you, Wainui That has done the trick.

And good to see that you have come over here from PF1. Your help is invaluable.

Much appreciated.
(26-12-2022, 01:51 PM)Roscoe Wrote:
(24-12-2022, 03:37 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: If after running the Crapafee removal tool, its still there, download and run This antivirus removal tool https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details...%20program.

Thank you, Wainui That has done the trick.

And good to see that you have come over here from PF1. Your help is invaluable.

Much appreciated.
 No Problem, McAfee can be tricky, it actually install ( holds) backup files that will reinstall its self unless you remove it fully.

Been one of the 1st Here after The other forum announced it was closing, this is from a suggestion from one other person whose name I cant remember. Took it on my own to contact the people running this Forum, told them what had happened and they gladly created our own Section. Great bunch of People.  Yes
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.