Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taliban = sheer evil
They really are the most ignorant, hate filled group of men in the world at present.
Not content with restricting the lives of Afghan women, they've now allowed their misogyny free rein & banned women working for foreign aid groups.

Even the Taliban cannot possibly be so very ignorant as to not comprehend that their ban will certainly mean that some women & children will die, many due to starvation.
They must be aware of this; therefore its blindingly obvious that they simply do not care. They are evil boys, wielding power over those least able to fend for themselves or fight back. Angry

Imagine the world wide outcry, if it was a group of religious women imposing such harsh restrictions on men...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-64090549

Five top non-governmental organisations (NGOs) have halted work in Afghanistan after women were banned from working for them by the Taliban government.
Care International, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) and Save the Children said they could not continue their work "without our female staff".
The International Rescue Committee also suspended services while Islamic Relief said it was stopping most of its work.
Afghanistan's ruling Taliban have been steadily repressing women's rights.
The latest edict on NGOs came just days after the Taliban banned women from attending university.
Abdel Rahman Habib, spokesman for the Taliban's ministry of economy, accused female workers at the foreign aid groups of breaking dress codes by not wearing hijabs.

The Taliban threatened to cancel the licence of any organisation that did not swiftly comply with the ban.
A number of aid groups have since spoken out, demanding that women should be allowed to continue working for them.
"Islamic Relief is calling on the Afghan authorities to immediately lift the ban on female NGO workers," the organisation said.
"The ban will have a devastating humanitarian impact on millions of vulnerable men, women and children across the country. We are dismayed that this ruling comes just a few days after increased restrictions on Afghan girls' access to education."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/d...g-for-ngos

The IRC, which employs 3,000 women in a staff of 8,000, said in a statement: “The exclusion of women from humanitarian service delivery will have catastrophic consequences for the Afghan people because our services depend on women workers.”
One of the strongest reactions came from the German foreign minister, Annalena Baerbock, who said: “We will not accept that the Taliban are making humanitarian aid a pawn in their misogyny. They rob half the population of another fundamental right, violate humanitarian principles and endanger people’s vital needs.”

Top US officials, including the secretary of state, Antony Blinken, and the chargée d’affaires to Afghanistan, Karen Decker, condemned the move.
Decker, tweeting in the Dari language on Sunday, said: “As a representative of the largest donor of humanitarian assistance to Afghanistan, I feel I have the right to an explanation of how the Taliban intends to prevent women and children from starving, when women are no longer permitted to distribute assistance to other women and children.”

Her remarks triggered a response from the Taliban-led government’s chief spokesperson, Zabihullah Mujahid, who said all institutions wanting to operate in the country were obliged to comply with its rules and regulations.
We do not allow anyone to talk rubbish or make threats regarding the decisions of our leaders under the title of humanitarian aid,” he said in a tweet."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
They live in a different world. There is no way we can understand them, or it.
It would be nice for a few women to impose there will on me lol 
Are they just going to keep women for breeding? What would happen if more females than males were born? Would these ignorents then go and have sex with camels and donkeys? lol
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I'd like to see a general uprising which overthrows those evil sods & imprisons them to prevent their doing any further harm, followed by an education system which is open to everyone in Afghanistan.

To eventually include allowing the Taliban to also be educated, once everyone else has benefited from it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Change comes slowly but it does come. Even the Taliban cannot stop the internet, but eventually, the internet will stop them.

Which is of course why they do this stuff.
Yes, hope this is just a last hold out for a minority.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Indeed - because if not, then things can only get worse.

I wish it was possible to remove all women & children from Afghanistan, & leave these ignorant boys to it.
Some women are continuing protests there - risking their lives to do so.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-27/a.../101808806

"When the Taliban announced that women could no longer go to university, Basira responded the way she has every time another right gets stripped away from her: she started protesting on the streets of Kabul.
A small group of young women marched with Basira while chanting: "We will beat the oppression, we will prevail."
Most have their faces covered in keeping with Taliban rules, so they can't be identified, while others are just wearing a headscarf — defiant and ready for their voices to be heard.

But it doesn't take long for sirens to start blaring from a Taliban car following the women.

"Our protest plan was for the Taliban to open the university, but the Taliban were against this protest and arrested the girls and tortured most of them with handcuffs and whips," Basira told the ABC.
"I managed to escape with some of the women, but our mental and physical condition is not good.

"Currently, the majority of protesters are in safe places and most have disappeared."

"I have a question for [the Taliban] saying that schools and university is against Islam and Afghan values — what is your argument or reason for announcing that girls shouldn't get an education?" second-year literature student Azada said.
"Because Islam says education is mandatory for men and women, Islam encourages men and women to do education, so we want to know which Islamic centre the Taliban are getting orders from."

Protesters say the Taliban's interpretation of Sharia law is deliberately skewed to "impose a fake religion on Afghan women". 
"The only goal of the Taliban is to wipe out women from this earth. Every day the cage becomes narrower and life becomes more difficult," Basira said."
The military should never have pulled out, at least women were given a fair chance when they were there
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(29-12-2022, 02:43 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: The military should never have pulled out, at least women were given a fair chance when they were there

It might have been never ending though & no country wants to have troops in another country for long stretches. 

Perhaps all Taliban should be rounded up & put in an area well away from other people, given the necessary tools for their survival - shelter which they can build themselves & food supplies which would last until their first crop (which they plant & tend themselves) is ready. 
Once they're established they could be offered the education which they clearly lack.

But first, they'll endure  5 years of life with the restrictions they were so happy to place on women. Rolleyes
I had some Afghans today...is that a bad thing...should I chuck the rest in the bin ? What will we call call Afghans now ?

The Middle East and Islam has given the world so much...our numerals for a start, it's a pity they are so offside with the world now with their treatment of women.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(30-12-2022, 09:54 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I had some Afghans today...is that a bad thing...should I chuck the rest in the bin ? What will we call call Afghans now ?

The Middle East and Islam has given the world so much...our numerals for a start, it's a pity they are so offside with the world now with their treatment of women.

It is; its a great shame that what was once a relatively enlightened religion has become so narrow, repressive & backward.