Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We Need To Talk About National
So how long a prison sentence for Michelle Boag? Could share a cell with Dame Jenny Shipley. Wouldn't that be nice.

Boag saying that sending it to Walker was okay because she thought he wasn't going to leak it is possibly the strangest part of the story.

Given the Nats tepid response when it happened - "oh, it's a bit shabby" - you have to wonder Toddy and Big Ears knew about it earlier.
heads need to roll, should been instant sacking from Parliament for Hamish Walker just like they do with employed people when they give confidential information away
Crab2
Yeah they're really just handing the election to labour at this point
Silly boy!
and now I see they will probably not be charged for it, unbelievable

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...awyer-says
Crab2
Totally unbelievable, you would think everyone involved would be liable?

Anyway, lets talk about how the covid-19 situation would be if National was running the show.
Did I not hear them spouting that we should be moving out of alert levels, 4,3 and 2 early and used Australia as an example of how "good" they were doing with much less restrictions than us.

Whos the one laughing now?
(08-07-2020, 11:18 AM)nzoomed Wrote: Totally unbelievable, you would think everyone involved would be liable?

Anyway, lets talk about how the covid-19 situation would be if National was running the show.
Did I not hear them spouting that we should be moving out of alert levels, 4,3 and 2 early and used Australia as an example of how "good" they were doing with much less restrictions than us.

yep the Aussies are heading back into lockdown....I would hate to think how many lives would've been lost if  National had been in charge
Crab2
(08-07-2020, 12:33 PM)crab2 Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 11:18 AM)nzoomed Wrote: Totally unbelievable, you would think everyone involved would be liable?

yep the Aussies are heading back into lockdown....I would hate to think how many lives would've been lost if  National had been in charge
Well its safe to say we would still have covid spreading and alot more deaths.
Just hope that the global situation shows we are not ready to open up the borders again.
(08-07-2020, 01:20 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 12:33 PM)crab2 Wrote:  yep the Aussies are heading back into lockdown....I would hate to think how many lives would've been lost if  National had been in charge
Well its safe to say we would still have covid spreading and alot more deaths.
Just hope that the global situation shows we are not ready to open up the borders again.
I have not seen any proof of a lot more deaths and Covid spreading if National was in charge.  Can you supply a link to prove that fact please.
(09-07-2020, 03:42 PM)Kacee Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 01:20 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Well its safe to say we would still have covid spreading and alot more deaths.
I have not seen any proof of a lot more deaths and Covid spreading if National was in charge.  Can you supply a link to prove that fact please.

there is no proof but they were very keen to get the borders open very early and in my opinion would have had consequences to the people of New Zealand and may have caused another full lockdown which would have been bad for the economy
Crab2
Hey Golfy, no reason to use unprovoked language like that in 2020. Grow up.

Feel free to provide an exhaustive list of all the countries that managed the outbreak well, and that didn't screw up their own economy. The "super-critics" seem to have a problem coming up with many (if any) examples - so here's your chance. Don't waste it.

Or is it simply not being managed well because your beloved Bumbling Blues are not in power? I'm sure whats-his-name would have done a better job.
it gets worse and worse for National party with Michelle Boag leaking info to Woodhouse now.....she should be charged ......https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300053836/michelle-boag-leaves-national-party-after-leaking-patient-info-to-michael-woodhouse
Crab2
And now both Woodhouse and Muller have been caught being a little economical with the truth with regards to the timeframe of Boag's leaking. Incompetence all round... but it's to be expected from that rabble.

Good time to grab yourself a Hamish Walker-branded reusable shopping bag:
https://www.trademe.co.nz/antiques-colle...f2db82-002
That bag could be worth a fortune one day. Or not, you never know.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Well aren't you a cheerful individual - at least you didn't insult anyone this time.

So no examples of a country that has managed Covid well? Provided a window of opportunity but you didn't look outside. Shame.
Taiwan made us look like you (stupid) ?
(10-07-2020, 06:23 PM)Golfy Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 10:00 AM)thephoenix Wrote: Hey Golfy, no reason to use unprovoked language like that in 2020. Grow up.

Feel free to provide an exhaustive list of all the countries that managed the outbreak well, and that didn't screw up their own economy. The "super-critics" seem to have a problem coming up with many (if any) examples - so here's your chance. Don't waste it.

Or is it simply not being managed well because your beloved Bumbling Blues are not in power? I'm sure whats-his-name would have done a better job.
I don’t really give a flying fuck what you are sure of or not. They were late closing the border because Ardern wanted her repeat moment in the hijab. She sat on the WHO advice for 12 crucial days. She sent people home instead of using quarantine. That wrecked the economy and sent us into level 4 . Never should have gone past level 2 . 1000 people a day losing their jobs. Utter incompetence from the govt. shambolic!

Firstly is the swearing really necessary? Says a lot really..

Secondly wow.. Our govt closed the borders sooner than most countries, literally got us into the position that the majority of countries still aren't anywhere close to, and people still moan. Can't win eh. 

What would you have them do? Aus went into partial lock down initially, and look where Victoria and Melbourne are now.

The US.. well.. you can read the news.

We can go out and eat at cafes and go to work without worrying about COVID. The economy is going to be in a much better position that it would be during a full blown pandemic.

What would you have done if you were in charge? Instantly shut the country down and turn off the economy without having all of the facts? Then people like you would be going on about how they closed down too soon.

And FYI, I'm not a Labour voter.

Sigh.
Wanking on about other countries does nothing for your argument. We had huge advantages and totally blew it. Late and soft
Why can't they effectively manage the quarantine facilities and prevent ongoing breakouts?
I wonder if National would be spending millions in bringing the survivors (and some family) of the Mosque shooting living overseas, back to hear the sentencing. I guess they will be in quarantine at our expense and probably be fast forwarded Visas allowing them to stay here. A friend couldn't visit her dying Dad towards the end of lockdown and only had 10 at his funeral yet there were no cases of Covid in her area. I wonder how many cases will come in with these people but, then again, a welcoming committee of one will make a great photo op.