Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows 11 Home - Local Account only
Was able to set up a new laptop with a local account only following the guide HERE

Basically, 
  • connect internet initially
  • then at the sign in form, open a command prompt with SHIFT F10 and kill the internet with ipconfig /release
  • then hit the back arrow top left corner of the sign in form, which takes you back to a new form asking for the user name and password

Not sure how long that function has been around, but saves a bit of mucking around...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I do something similar and pull the ethernet cable at that point and has worked for me unless M$ make some tweaks in future.
(09-01-2023, 11:42 AM)king1 Wrote: Was able to set up a new laptop with a local account only following the guide HERE

Basically, 
  • then at the sign in form, open a command prompt with SHIFT F10 and kill the internet with ipconfig /release
  • then hit the back arrow top left corner of the sign in form, which takes you back to a new form asking for the user name and password

Not sure how long that function has been around, but saves a bit of mucking around...

Unless it's changed since I last did it, I just don't connect at all during setup. I just wait till complete and logged in as the local user. Just means running updates then rather than during setup process.
(10-01-2023, 03:14 PM)enserf Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 11:42 AM)king1 Wrote: Was able to set up a new laptop with a local account only following the guide HERE

Basically, 

Unless it's changed since I last did it, I just don't connect at all during setup. I just wait till complete and logged in as the local user. Just means running updates then rather than during setup process.

It seems to prompt you to connect to the internet first, I just do that and then quickly disconnect at the next step and it lets me through.
updating this one,

I now just use the dummy/locked MS account to sign in

at the sign in screen just use a@a.com and a random password

windows then recognises the locked MS account as locked and lets you do a local account signup
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(05-05-2023, 09:36 PM)king1 Wrote: updating this one,

windows then recognises the locked MS account as locked and lets you do a local account signup

Good, I will keep this in mind. I needed to do this last week and ran into a few issues. It seems Microsoft keep tweaking this with each revision to make it even harder to bypass.
(05-05-2023, 09:36 PM)king1 Wrote: updating this one,

I use a similar, keep it connected to the internet, ( you have to on most laptops as they don't have ethernet RJ45 ports/ connections) then when needing a sign in just use no@thankyou.com and any password you like, its fails and lets you set a local account only.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.