Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid is back
Sad 
I wonder if it was spread from one of those who escaped isolation?
Well it was nice while it lasted.

Shut the borders!
(11-08-2020, 10:13 PM)thephoenix Wrote: Well it was nice while it lasted.

Shut the borders!
I reckon that all new arrivals get sent either to a camp set up on an offshore island or a military base. problem solved.

If they dont like, it, dont come to NZ.
(12-08-2020, 12:40 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 10:13 PM)thephoenix Wrote: Well it was nice while it lasted.

Shut the borders!
I reckon that all new arrivals get sent either to a camp set up on an offshore island or a military base. problem solved.

So...treat returning Kiwis like criminals then, just because they very naturally,want to come home? I hope not. Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Suspect that they won't be so keen to come home if this little cluster continues to expand.

Out of interest, if you flew into Auckland and did the managed isolation, would you be able to leave Auckland as it currently stands?

Hopefully the Govt continues with the one rule for Auckland and one for the rest of NZ plan. Personally don't mind Auckland being cut off from the rest of NZ!
(13-08-2020, 11:09 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 12:40 PM)nzoomed Wrote: I reckon that all new arrivals get sent either to a camp set up on an offshore island or a military base. problem solved.

So...treat returning Kiwis like criminals then, just because they very naturally,want to come home? I hope not. Dodgy

There is a bit of a difference between those stuck overseas after going on holiday, and those who thought they could start a better life outside NZ, working and living elsewhere for 2 or 3 decades, not paying any taxes in NZ and think they can come "home" when it suits them because the conditions are not favourable anymore.

I have no idea how many expats have decided to come back here, but charging for quarantine is not a bad thing.

Same thing annoys me with those that have lived outside NZ for years and left their family behind and then complain about missing their funeral.
Thats the price you pay for leaving your country when world conditions deteriorate.
(14-08-2020, 03:11 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(13-08-2020, 11:09 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: So...treat returning Kiwis like criminals then, just because they very naturally,want to come home? I hope not. Dodgy

There is a bit of a difference between those stuck overseas after going on holiday, and those who thought they could start a better life outside NZ, working and living elsewhere for 2 or 3 decades, not paying any taxes in NZ and think they can come "home" when it suits them because the conditions are not favourable anymore.

I have no idea how many expats have decided to come back here, but charging for quarantine is not a bad thing.

Same thing annoys me with those that have lived outside NZ for years and left their family behind and then complain about missing their funeral.
Thats the price you pay for leaving your country when world conditions deteriorate.
Why not give them a choice.    Pay for a quarantine in a luxury hotel as at present or go to a government funded quarantine at an army barracks such as at Waiouru with army catering and guarded by army personnel with medical staff supervising.
Reports of 7 buses full of Chinese, heaps of luggage and that includes microwaves, turned up at the hotel where interpreters were employed for them. Returning Kiwis---yeah right. I say anyone with dual citizenship and haven't lived here for a decent period should stay where they are until everything settles down. These ones went for a smoke and mixed with others due for their second test the next day. Ridiculous if this is what is going on in quarantine/isolation hotels. Talkback hosts have had calls and some places are observing all the rules while others have sent them photos of what is happening in the poorly run places. It's a wonder we reached 100 days Covid free and the country hasn't been riddled with it.