Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mpox virus...
Sad 
WTF is going on?
It seems this virus only targets a particular demographic.
Ironically the WHO have renamed the virus to "Mpox" because they think it's name stigmatized  the African demographic, but yet all we here are LGBT demographics mentioned in every damn article.
I know people in the LGBT community who are unhappy about the stigmatization around this virus too. I don't even think it's much of an STD, but rather spreads to anybody via close contact.
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programme...ne-booking
No, Michele. Just don't.  Angel
I think the people you know in the LGBT community will be more stigmatised if you keep calling it the LGBTpox virus
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
The same issues and stigmatisation of the LGBT community occurred in the early days of HIV/AIDS. There will always those who will take advantage of such situations in an attempt to support their own bigotry.
(14-01-2023, 10:48 AM)harm_less Wrote: The same issues and stigmatisation of the LGBT community occurred in the early days of HIV/AIDS. There will always those who will take advantage of such situations in an attempt to support their own bigotry.
Exactly my point, it's plain wrong. Anyone can get AIDS.
Christonabike!

Oh dear - really should have seen that one coming!
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(14-01-2023, 02:13 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(14-01-2023, 10:48 AM)harm_less Wrote: The same issues and stigmatisation of the LGBT community occurred in the early days of HIV/AIDS. There will always those who will take advantage of such situations in an attempt to support their own bigotry.
Exactly my point, it's plain wrong. Anyone can get AIDS.

Maybe because we are all human.
Some JW's I knew were elated when AIDS arrived - proof there was a God, and he was going to sort those queers out.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(14-01-2023, 04:18 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Some JW's I knew were elated when AIDS arrived - proof there was a God, and he was going to sort those queers out.

And no doubt, still considered themselves to be good christians, despite wishing such a hideous fate for others... Rolleyes

The world is a weird place. And humans are crazy.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(14-01-2023, 04:18 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Some JW's I knew were elated when AIDS arrived - proof there was a God, and he was going to sort those queers out.

Don't get me started!
I remember this all too well growing up in the JW cult.
They are still spreading their homophobic propaganda and is borderline hate speech.

Maybe when some of their members catch monkeypox it might actually remind them that straight people catch it too!