Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Geez! I feel so sorry for Elon Musk.
I have just read an article on the fact that Elon Musk has just lost $200b. It is a world record. The previous record lost was by a Japanese millionaire who lost $76b. Chicken feed.

You have to feel sorry for the man. He only has a few billion left. How embarrassing. 

You and I should have such problems. I mean, we think that house prices are skyrocketing with most houses in Auckland selling for over $1m which, of course, would be just pocket money for the likes of Elon Musk.

Some people say, "$200b? Think of all that tax!" But, of course, if you can afford to lose that much then you can afford the tax on the earning of $200b. The government will love him. Undecided
(15-01-2023, 11:34 AM)Roscoe Wrote: I have just read an article on the fact that Elon Musk has just lost $200b. It is a world record. The previous record lost was by a Japanese millionaire who lost $76b. Chicken feed.

You have to feel sorry for the man. He only has a few billion left. How embarrassing. 

You and I should have such problems. I mean, we think that house prices are skyrocketing with most houses in Auckland selling for over $1m which, of course, would be just pocket money for the likes of Elon Musk.

Some people say, "$200b? Think of all that tax!" But, of course, if you can afford to lose that much then you can afford the tax on the earning of $200b. The government will love him. Undecided

With his money he can hire accountants that will minimise his tax exposure. Unlike all those workers he derives his fortune from.
And now Tesla have made their cars cheaper (not by much) but I still wouldn't buy one
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
he'll probably be writing off losses and not paying tax for the next 20 years...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(15-01-2023, 02:24 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: And now Tesla have made their cars cheaper (not by much) but I still wouldn't buy one
Apparently the price of a Tesla in NZ is/was already one of the cheapest in the world so no surprise that the latest price reduction here has been fairly muted compared to that of other countries.

We went with a Polestar2 based on superior interior features and exterior styling (in our opinion) but not fazed by Tesla's pricing maneuverings this month. The real question now is whether the soon to be released Cybertruck will still follow Model 3 price points or will Tesla crank up the pricing to capitalise on the extreme demand for this long promised vehicle.

BTW. This thread should really be in the Motoring category.

ETA: According to this data we are 28th (out of 36) countries on price for the Model 3. #1 is most expensive and price doesn't include the Clean Car Rebate. https://www.globalproductprices.com/rank...ee_prices/