Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You will be quite surprised when you find out that this little trick works.
I watch a programme called "Outrageous Acts of Science" and in one article they showed someone, a fair distance from their car, attempt to unlock their car. It did not work. Then he pointed the remote under his chin and pressed the button again and it worked! Apparently it has something to do with the fact that your brain is 95% water and it seems that that amplifies the signal.

Next time I was out shopping I thought I would give it a try. I could not unlock it the conventional way as I knew I was too far away and it did not work, so I put it under my chin, pressed the button and it worked! Both SWMBO and I were quite surprised.

When you are out shopping next, give it a try. From a distance try to unlock your car in the conventional manner. When you see that it does not work, try putting the remote under your chin. I'm certain you will be as surprised as we were.
(17-01-2023, 08:28 AM)Roscoe Wrote: I watch a programme called "Outrageous Acts of Science" and in one article they showed someone, a fair distance from their car, attempt to unlock their car. It did not work. Then he pointed the remote under his chin and pressed the button again and it worked! Apparently it has something to do with the fact that your brain is 95% water and it seems that that amplifies the signal.

Next time I was out shopping I thought I would give it a try. I could not unlock it the conventional way as I knew I was too far away and it did not work, so I put it under my chin, pressed the button and it worked! Both SWMBO and I were quite surprised.

When you are out shopping next, give it a try. From a distance try to unlock your car in the conventional manner. When you see that it does not work, try putting the remote under your chin. I'm certain you will be as surprised as we were.

Thanks for that Roscoe, I will give that one a go. Smile   This is a good example of the problems associated with living in a retirement village! Smile I am starting to understand this sort of behaviour. All the problems of having lawns, gardens, painted exteriors needing washing, windows et al. have gone. When I want a picture hung, I contact the handyman and he comes and does it for me.

It is four weeks today since SWMBO and I moved from a 200M house to a 110M villa in a new village. Keeping busy and keeping the mind active are the things we have to learn. SWMBO is OK, she knits, does code crackers, crosswords etc. I am struggling. Building is going on just ahead of our villa and I put a sign up "Site managers Office" on the builder's fence. So far, no one has approached me for advice. I really starting to think of myself as a useless old fart.

Aah well, as Winston Churchill said many times "Keep buggering on"

Ken
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
Cheers for that Roscoe, I've passed that on to family. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Which chin do I use ?
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Doesn't necessarily have to be under your chin. I've used the same method for years but hold it up by my temple. Same resonance factor from my skull/brain I guess.
Ken... be grateful. My piece of paradise in a pensioner village is 30 sq m. Tg4 a glorious reserve with huge trees right on the boundary that my tiny deck looks out onto...
Not complaining. Smile Everyone says it takes a couple of months to get your head around it and after 1 month I am feeling better. In the last year my ability to do things round the house went down the gurgler so I had to accept the move.

In a lighter vein, my biggest problem is I have nowhere to hide from She Who Must Be Obeyed Sad

Ken
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(17-01-2023, 06:11 PM)Kenj Wrote: Not complaining. Smile Everyone says it takes a couple of months to get your head around it and after 1 month I am feeling better. In the last year my ability to do things round the house went down the gurgler so I had to accept the move.

In a lighter vein, my biggest problem is I have nowhere to hide from She Who Must Be Obeyed  Sad

Ken

Lol, I have that problem with my own SWMBO. The furry one...

The worst thing for me was the initial downsizing. That was hard, but the Sallies benefitted, which was a good thing. But seeing I'd've had to downsize a whole lot more to find a home under a bridge I remain deeply grateful. I love my funny little flat...

Big Grin
I wonder which retirement village you are at Oh_hunnihunni. Next month I am moving into the Parkside retirement village and the unit has trees across the way with Monte Cecelia Park on the other side of the trees. I wondered if it was the same village. That would be a coincidence.