Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SEX
After 18 months I go and chat on Monday with the Surgeon who will (hopefully) replace my Aortic Heart valve,  and reading all the guff about it, it states that I can have sex 4 to 6 weeks after surgery  Heart Heart Heart  this is great news to me considering I dont have a partner and have been living on my own for the past 7 years or so , yeahhhh roll on post surgery  Yes Yes
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Best of luck Mate!

Ken Smile Smile
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
I'm seeing my ortho on monday too about the hip replacement I needed five years ago.

I wonder if I'll get advice like that...  Big Grin
(18-01-2023, 04:32 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I'm seeing my ortho on monday too about the hip replacement I needed five years ago.

I wonder if I'll get advice like that...  Big Grin

There is always hope lol
All the best for your surgery, a friend of mine just went through the same surgery last year, its quite a routine operation these days, apparently they are doing something like 2 such surgeries per day in Auakland so he tells me.
Thanks for the best wishes but this is just to chat with the surgeon so who knows how long after Ill go under the knife so to speak, its scary but I cant wait for it to be done, yes a fair bit of recovery afterwards but then ill be able to carry on living like I used to, going to the gym going for walks etc.
The "Best of luck Mate!" post was about having Sex, not the op! It's called priorities!

Ken Smile Smile Smile
(19-01-2023, 08:00 AM)Kenj Wrote: The "Best of luck Mate!" post was about having Sex, not the op! It's called priorities!

Ken Smile Smile Smile

Cheers Ken, yep its going to be magical six or so weeks after the op, I wonder who the lucky lady is going to be  Big Grin Big Grin
(18-01-2023, 07:32 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Thanks for the best wishes but this is just to chat with the surgeon so who knows how long after Ill go under the knife so to speak, its scary but I cant wait for it to be done, yes a fair bit of recovery afterwards but then ill be able to carry on living like I used to, going to the gym going for walks etc.

I must say for me too it is about the more prosaic pleasures, like walking, standing up long enough to do the dishes, or have a decent shower, or going up and down stairs without planning! Just the little fun things in life.

I have decided though to keep the swearing loudly. That's one of the hidden benefits...
Whoever said getting older isn't for sissies had it right.

I almost collided with one of those damned postie van things the other day, while coming around a dodgy corner & as a result have decided to give up using the footpath for that corner.
I may possibly have sworn at the postie thingy.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(19-01-2023, 10:31 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Whoever said getting older isn't for sissies had it right.

I almost collided with one of those damned postie van things the other day, while coming around a dodgy corner & as a result have decided to give up using the footpath for that corner.

God yes you could have damaged it and injured the postie , so let that be a lesson to you NEVER use the footpath for walking  Big Grin
I had my right hip done at 70 and then had a stroke a few days after the op. Got about 30% use of my left side from that one.

Now, at 80 I too am down for a hip replacement for the left side. My wife wonders why I don't push for it and as you folk know the pain that goes with it, you will understand her. However, I am managing at this point having just moved into a retirement village and can take things a bit easy now. Recently two well-known people have died following complications after hip replacement surgery. Renee Geyer and Cardinal George Pell.

Sorry, Oldfellah, a wee bit off the subject of sex. Smile

Ken
(19-01-2023, 01:16 PM)Kenj Wrote: I had my right hip done at 70 and then had a stroke a few days after the op. Got about 30% use of my left side from that one.

Now, at 80 I too am down for a hip replacement for the left side. My wife wonders why I don't push for it and as you folk know the pain that goes with it, you will understand her. However, I am managing at this point having just moved into a retirement village and can take things a bit easy now. Recently two well-known people have died following complications after hip replacement surgery. Renee Geyer and Cardinal George Pell.

Sorry, Oldfellah, a wee bit off the subject of sex. Smile

Ken

Sorry about your hips, this getting old shit is no joke huh? 
Yeah the sex thing will never happen unless I buy a blow up rubber doll and that wont be happening lol
(19-01-2023, 11:13 AM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(19-01-2023, 10:31 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Whoever said getting older isn't for sissies had it right.

God yes you could have damaged it and injured the postie , so let that be a lesson to you NEVER use the footpath for walking  Big Grin

I was biking... Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)