Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ardern to step down February
It will be what it will be Oldfellah, no one can read the future, who knows how it will play out...

Mr Luxon might put his proverbial foot in his proverbial mouth again...
or labour might go through a period of multiple leaderships while they get settled, in a not dissimilar way to national...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(20-01-2023, 11:56 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Im not going to put down or say anything about anyone, but how will people feel when its an National/Act government which it surely will be now, before her resignation it would have been touch and go, but not now
I wouldn't be so sure of either of your assumptions. If National and ACT's spokespeople keep up with their tone deaf comments they will cause their own demise.

Yesterday's sense of shock and grief and sorrow relating to Jacinda's decision seem to be changing to anger and accusations towards those whose hatred and threats caused that decision. Over the next few months those feelings could well work in Labour's favour.
Labour needs to thwart national at every turn when they are in power just as national does to us when we hold the reins.

It's just a battle of those with money trying to get more than their fair share from those who have less.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(20-01-2023, 11:43 AM)king1 Wrote:
(20-01-2023, 11:12 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: And further to add, NZ is not full of nutters,  but rather a good majority don't like a dictatorship running the country, it was the same back under the last labour govt if anyone remembers.

quite right, just a minority of nutters who all seem to be fisherman - overestimating the size of everything...

Also defining as "nutters" are the majority of farmer those who disagreed with mandates, lockdowns, etc along with anyone who disagrees with co-governance or any other race based politics.
(20-01-2023, 12:43 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(20-01-2023, 11:43 AM)king1 Wrote: quite right, just a minority of nutters who all seem to be fisherman - overestimating the size of everything...

Also defining as "nutters" are the majority of farmer those who disagreed with mandates, lockdowns, etc along with anyone who disagrees with co-governance or any other race based politics.
Not at all, people are entitled to their opinions one way or the other.  
The 'nutters' as I use the term are those who attack people personally, vilify people, bully people, spread stupid hate-filled memes about people, generally hate people period... like I say, a handful and a very small minority, who seem to think they represent the majority...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(20-01-2023, 12:42 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Labour needs to thwart national at every turn when they are in power just as national does to us when we hold the reins.

It's just a battle of those with money trying to get more than their fair share from those who have less.

Wouldn't it be a thing of wonder - not to mention, doing their actual jobs - if all political parties were to put aside the sniping, the point scoring, the pettiness & work together to improve, well everything really, including the health system & housing for the good of everyone.
I think we really need both an income ceiling & floor, so no one has either too much money or too little. 

Never happen of course because it really is those with money trying to gain even more from those with least, & has been for centuries now; the pattern repeats every so often when poorer people have made a few gains, e.g. better working conditi0ons, livable wages.
Sooner or later greed strikes & those with will again take from those with bugger all. I read Howard Zinn's A people's history of the united states earlier this year, which just bore that out.

The founder of the 'pakeha party' has been sentenced for threats against the PM. He's an American citizen - I wonder of we can deport him once he's done his time. Although perhaps a psychiatrics hospital might be more appropriate than prison.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/3...nst-ardern

"In another since-deleted video, Ruck claimed he was a CIA agent who had orchestrated the 2019 terrorist attacks in Christchurch at the direction of Hillary Clinton.
At least eight people are known to have interacted with the legal system for messages containing threats against Ardern.

Michael Cruickshank was sentenced to 12 months imprisonment for a flurry of emails that contained threats to kill Ardern and her family.

His conviction was overturned on appeal. The court ruled the jury had not been made aware that Cruickshank’s drunkenness when sending the emails was relevant to his defence.

In April, Richard Sivell, an adherent of sovereign citizen beliefs, was charged with threatening to kill Ardern. He was released on bail and fled. A warrant for his arrest remains active."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I wouldnt want the job she had, if her and her family has faced death threats thats not good.
Its no surprise she has had to make the tough decision to stand down.
Whats an American citizen doing here starting up a "pakeha" party anyway? He should just be deported.
(20-01-2023, 03:19 PM)nzoomed Wrote: I wouldnt want the job she had, if her and her family has faced death threats thats not good.
Its no surprise she has had to make the tough decision to stand down.
Whats an American citizen doing here starting up a "pakeha" party anyway? He should just be deported.

Yeah, you have to hope that's at least a possibility - we've got enough of out own nutters without importing more. Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)