Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
King Charles - unbelievable!
I can't recall anything like this ever happening before, but King Charles has just redirected 1 billion UK pounds from a crown estate wind farm to be used for the wider public good.
See - I told you lot this King was a good one! Smile

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023...ublic-good

"The King has asked for profits from a £1bn-a-year crown estate windfarm deal to be used for the “wider public good” rather than as a funding boost for the monarchy.
Under the taxpayer-funded sovereign grant, which is currently £86.3m a year, the King receives 25% of the crown estate’s annual surplus, which includes an extra 10% for the refurbishment of Buckingham Palace.

Six new offshore wind energy lease agreements, announced by the crown estate on Thursday, have generated a major windfall for the estate, which would usually lead to a jump in the monarchy’s official funding.
But the king, who highlighted the cost of living crisis in his Christmas message, has requested that the extra funds “be directed for wider public good”, instead of to the sovereign grant, at a time when many are facing financial hardship.
It is not clear as to the exact amount of taxpayer funding the king has passed up, but it is likely to be many millions.

The king used his first Christmas broadcast last month to sympathise with families struggling with the cost of living crisis and praise individuals, charities and faith groups supporting those in need.
He spoke about the “great anxiety and hardship” experienced by many trying to “pay their bills and keep their families fed and warm” during his televised message, which featured footage of a food bank and other scenes of meals being distributed to the homeless."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Wow. That's the sort of royal meddling that I like. Good on him.
So he should, they have enough money. As long as he is not topping up the coffers with his mates in the world economic forum, I won't complain!
Why wouldn't he? He has enough to live on for the rest of his life. But he's weak - I'd rather see him step down for William if he can't stand up to Harry and Meghan - who, let's face it, are going to destroy the monarchy. When you're the monarch it has to be the institution of monarchy first and family second, especially if they have written such poisonous allegations against their family. HM The Queen would have done something by now.
It would be nice if some of the billionaires took up the challenge too. But for King Charles it's inherited wealth, he doesn't have a ''look at how much money I have'' baggage along with it.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(19-01-2023, 05:52 PM)Zurdo Wrote: It would be nice if some of the billionaires took up the challenge too. But for King Charles it's inherited wealth, he doesn't have a ''look at how much money I have'' baggage along with it.

And despite being ridiculed for it, also started Highgrove at a time when there were very few organic  or environmentally friendly gardens.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(19-01-2023, 05:35 PM)Outsider Wrote: Why wouldn't he? He has  enough to live on for the rest of his life. But he's weak - I'd rather see him step down for William if he can't stand up to Harry and Meghan - who, let's face it, are going to destroy the monarchy. When you're the monarch it has to be the institution of monarchy first and family second, especially if they have written such poisonous allegations against their family. HM The Queen would have done something by now.

I don't believe that will be the case, the only thing Harry and Meghan have done is confirmed that their family is just as fucked up as everyone else's...  The pretence is over now but that's about it...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(19-01-2023, 05:35 PM)Outsider Wrote: Why wouldn't he? He has  enough to live on for the rest of his life. But he's weak - I'd rather see him step down for William if he can't stand up to Harry and Meghan - who, let's face it, are going to destroy the monarchy. When you're the monarch it has to be the institution of monarchy first and family second, especially if they have written such poisonous allegations against their family. HM The Queen would have done something by now.

I would have liked to have seen William become the new king too, but Charles may hand it over in another 10 years perhaps.
Your right, Harry and Meghan are dead set on destroying the monarchy.
It certainly needs some reform and I think many feel that William could bring that to the table for the 21st century.
But I think many are now asking if it's even really necessary?
Only from a historical perspective is it at all interesting and a great tourist attraction for the UK, but it has a real dark history that many of us feel ashamed of.
"I would have liked to have seen William become the new king too, but Charles may hand it over in another 10 years perhaps.
Your right, Harry and Meghan are dead set on destroying the monarchy.
It certainly needs some reform and I think many feel that William could bring that to the table for the 21st century.
But I think many are now asking if it's even really necessary?
Only from a historical perspective is it at all interesting and a great tourist attraction for the UK, but it has a real dark history that many of us feel ashamed of."

First time I've seen anything reasonably balanced written by you.  Congratulations C_T_Russell.

{N.B. it's You're right not your right}  When ever I see errors like this, not a typo, it makes me doubt the whole statement the person is making.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche