Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Hipkins to be next PM
Probably the best choice out of all the contenders
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
From a Tweet today:

"I’ll say this about Hipkins. Years ago parliamentary services contracted me to renovate his electorate office. Chris insisted on doing all the destruction himself on the weekend and had his dad help out with the plastering. I was impressed with his duty to save taxpayer $$"

He strikes me as just the down to earth type of guy that would do this. Go Chippy!
I think he's a great choice. He's already shown at the 1pm Covid press conferences that he is clever and articulate, and he has shown good judgement about when to be funny, when to be earnest, and when to be fierce.
What's ''a boy from the Hutt'' ? Is that like a Westie or something....or a kid from Remuera ? I don't know Wellington at all.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(21-01-2023, 06:23 PM)Zurdo Wrote: What's ''a boy from the Hutt'' ?  Is that like a Westie or something....or a kid from Remuera ?  I don't know Wellington at all.
The Hutt (Valley) is a dormatory suburb for Wellington with a largely middle & working class demographic. Chippy's comment was a reference implying he was a working boy who had done good.
I think he's clever. Underestimating him could be his opponents first mistake...

Good choice. Still not voting Labour though.  Tongue
(22-01-2023, 08:58 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I think he's clever. Underestimating him could be his opponents first mistake...

A lot quicker on his feet, knowledgable and accurate in his replies than the LOTO in debating. While I'm disappointed that we won't get to see Jacinda shredding Luxon in political leader debates I think Chippy will still run rings around Luxon in that regard.
At least he doesn't flap his arms around like swatting fly's when he speaks
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(22-01-2023, 09:22 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(22-01-2023, 08:58 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I think he's clever. Underestimating him could be his opponents first mistake...

A lot quicker on his feet, knowledgable and accurate in his replies than the LOTO in debating. While I'm disappointed that we won't get to see Jacinda shredding Luxon in political leader debates I think Chippy will still run rings around Luxon in that regard.

Oh, I do hope so! Big Grin

Moana didn't too badly when she interviewed Luxon last year on her programme; he was trying to avoid questions.
Didn't work. Big Grin Rolleyes

I think Chris Hipkins is probably the best choice now, & the comment above about him getting stuck into stripping his office is very encouraging, too.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(22-01-2023, 10:40 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: At least he doesn't flap his arms around like swatting fly's when he speaks
You'll find that's referred to as gesticulation and is very much favoured by many people from countries in Europe.
(21-01-2023, 05:05 PM)king1 Wrote: Probably the best choice out of all the contenders

Yeah I would agree on that too, I was surprised how quickly he was picked, I thought this may have taken some time to choose a replacement.
The incoming PM looks a lot like the person who used to have a election poster on the front fence of our previous house.
But my question is: if Chris Hipkins becomes CHippy does Chris Luxon become Clux? Thank goodness that it is not Klutz!
(24-01-2023, 09:21 AM)alpha111 Wrote: The incoming PM looks a lot like the person who used to have a election poster on the front fence of our previous house.
But my question is: if Chris Hipkins becomes CHippy does Chris Luxon become Clux? Thank goodness that it is not Klutz!
The closing comments by Jimmy Carr during his spot on The Project last night were a pretty brutal dig at Luxon.
Skip to about the 5:40 mark for this.

(24-01-2023, 10:27 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(24-01-2023, 09:21 AM)alpha111 Wrote: The incoming PM looks a lot like the person who used to have a election poster on the front fence of our previous house.
The closing comments by Jimmy Carr during his spot on The Project last night were a pretty brutal dig at Luxon.
Skip to about the 5:40 mark for this.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

They were trying quite hard not to laugh, but failing miserably.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
lol, pretty harsh though...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(24-01-2023, 11:32 AM)king1 Wrote: lol, pretty harsh though...
Par for the course for Jimmy. He's very quick with cutting replies. His last apperance on The Project where he was "interviewed by our PM" was entertaining and Jacinda seemed to be able to hold her own with him.

Interesting to note too how much of her trademark 'sparkle' has been eroded in the last 4 years. Tough job for sure.

"Interesting to note too how much of her trademark 'sparkle' has been eroded in the last 4 years"

Yes she's been dealing with too many a'holes for too long and also those who have no respect for an obviously charming person who is not used to dealing with guttersnipes.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche