Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got back from the Chilli Peppers, little disappointed.
Anyone else go?
Dont get me wrong, they still put on a good show, they are great performers, but was expecting to hear a good amount of their no1 hits.
We didnt even get scar tissue, dont stop or otherside, you could really see the crowd get amped up when a good song got going and to top it off the show went for only 1 hour 40mins.
Comparing that to GnR who have a fraction of the albums these guys have and they have us a solid 3 hours!

I was reading that some were happy not to hear the usual "greatest hits" and I get that, there was some new content played, but there was also alot of older content that ive never heard before.
The regulars who go to hear them probably didnt mind, but first time goers like myself would have liked to hear the hits we all come to know and love.
Either way, looking at the comments on stuff, feelings were a bit mixed over it.
Is this typical of RHCP? Its the first time ive been to one of their concerts.
Yes I've felt that they've lost their edge over the years as expected and usual for most bands.

Scar Tissue is a great song.

I know I have this line wrong but I love : "whispers are shared, it's a lonely view", which sounds to me what they are singing.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(22-01-2023, 08:55 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Yes I've felt that they've lost their edge over the years as expected and usual for most bands.

Scar Tissue is a great song.

I know I have this line wrong but I love : "whispers are shared, it's a lonely view", which sounds to me what they are singing.

I dont think i would go to another one of their shows unless I know whats going to be played.
This review was a bit average, seems to summarise what you're feeling
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/entertain...gends.html
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(22-01-2023, 08:22 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Anyone else go?
Dont get me wrong, they still put on a good show, they are great performers, but was expecting to hear a good amount of their no1 hits.
We didnt even get scar tissue, dont stop or otherside, you could really see the crowd get amped up when a good song got going and to top it off the show went for only 1 hour 40mins.
Comparing that to GnR who have a fraction of the albums these guys have and they have us a solid 3 hours!

I was reading that some were happy not to hear the usual "greatest hits" and I get that, there was some new content played, but there was also alot of older content that ive never heard before.
The regulars who go to hear them probably didnt mind, but first time goers like myself would have liked to hear the hits we all come to know and love.
Either way, looking at the comments on stuff, feelings were a bit mixed over it.
Is this typical of RHCP? Its the first time ive been to one of their concerts.

The song is called 'Can't Stop', ya flithy casual...

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

I'm going to the Dunedin show and am super looking forward to it.

I saw them in Auckland 4 years ago, so this is my 2nd tiime seeing them live.