Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High profile entertainer looses money in scam
If only he had an ad blocker.
I find the web is unusable without one these days, using an ad blocker for so long its only when I'm working on an other computer without one installed  that I realise how many ads appear on web pages, and a good percentage are all scams.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/prominent-...PA36NXLNY/
any guesses who it was?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
No idea who it is. It does seem that the bank made every feasible effort to get him to reconsider but he didn't listen. I don't think he's being reasonable asking them to reimburse him now.
(27-01-2023, 08:38 AM)king1 Wrote: any guesses who it was?

I could come up with a list of ones I'd like it to be.

I do actually have one that comes to mind and fits the description but wouldn't have thought it would have been typical for him to need to invest in such a scheme to begin with.
(27-01-2023, 09:50 AM)nzoomed Wrote:

I do actually have one that comes to mind and fits the description but wouldn't have thought it would have been typical for him to need to invest in such a scheme to begin with.

Well dont leave us in suspenders, spill the beans.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(27-01-2023, 11:55 AM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(27-01-2023, 09:50 AM)nzoomed Wrote: I do actually have one that comes to mind and fits the description but wouldn't have thought it would have been typical for him to need to invest in such a scheme to begin with.

Well dont leave us in suspenders, spill the beans.

We need a password protected forum for this kind of discussion... invite only. 

We could call it - Name Suppression Disclosures - what could possibly go wrong...

(27-01-2023, 04:09 PM)king1 Wrote:
(27-01-2023, 11:55 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Well dont leave us in suspenders, spill the beans.

We need a password protected forum for this kind of discussion... invite only. 

We could call it - Name Suppression Disclosures - what could possibly go wrong...

Yes Yes Yes Yes   Big Grin Big Grin
(27-01-2023, 09:50 AM)nzoomed Wrote:

My first thought was someone you may want to "welcome home" but that is total speculation

I do love how it is the banks fault for his own stupidity. First he responds to an ad online, he ignores warnings from his bank to double check where the funds are going. All that where a simple phone call on an independently sourced number for AMP would have revealed the truth in minutes.

I hope he takes it to the BO as she will tell him the same thing as ANZ did.

So many people fall for scams it is shocking - nearly 200million in reported losses last year alone so actual losses likely much much more that that.
That certainly wouldn't be a slice of heaven would it?
(29-01-2023, 11:25 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: That certainly wouldn't be a slice of heaven would it?

The outlook for Thursday looks poor.
so apparently they have recovered some of the money because of a stuff up at the St George bank in Aussie.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/australian...WXUDCT52Q/