Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian Missile hits Turkish ship...
Meaning they have hit a NATO member this time.
I doubt it was intentional, but how will NATO react this time?
Its lucky no one was on board the ship or else this would have really escalated.

Russia is really playing with fire, especially when they cant accurately hit targets, or in this case it just appears to be a random indiscriminate attack.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/mis...023-01-25/
With Russia having used up a chunk of their weaponry already, I suspect it wouldn't take long for NATO to force Putin to capitulate...

I say they should go for it.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(27-01-2023, 11:25 AM)king1 Wrote: With Russia having used up a chunk of their weaponry already, I suspect it wouldn't take long for NATO to force Putin to capitulate...

Except cornering Putin could result in some very nasty retaliation with the weaponry he has at his disposal. Bit of a 'rock and a hard place' decision for NATO I think.
If NATO attacks Russia under any pretext, even if the reason is legitimate, it will probably result in Russia using nuclear weapons, as they have already threatened, which will substantially alter the history of the world for the future and change all of our lives.

The war has already had a large effect on food supplies all round the world.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(27-01-2023, 11:25 AM)king1 Wrote: With Russia having used up a chunk of their weaponry already, I suspect it wouldn't take long for NATO to force Putin to capitulate...

I agree, Russia has nothing left, NATO could just swarm into Ukraine and Russia would just send their bags packing without a fight.

(27-01-2023, 11:48 AM)harm_less Wrote:

Except cornering Putin could result in some very nasty retaliation with the weaponry he has at his disposal. Bit of a 'rock and a hard place' decision for NATO I think.

What weaponry though?
I doubt Putin will use nukes, and if he did, how many of his are even operational or reliable for that matter?
Its believed that he has been using conventional nuclear missiles with the warheads removed and replaced with explosives.
They havent proved reliable and some are just blowing up on the pad.

ICBM's are the only real threat, but we still dont know what the state of any of these cold war era missiles even are.
Oh shit - that can't be good. Putin is ex KGB & utterly ruthless, likely not above using nuclear weapons which I suspect is why other countries are hesitant to do much more against Russia.

The best outcome would be for some of his immediate staff to quietly arrest him & get him to The Hague to stand trial for war crimes & set up an interim govt until they can have proper election.
Yes, I know - never happen.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Of course Putin will use nukes, what else can he do if he is discredited on the Ukraine battlefields?

He will not give up and go quietly, where are you getting this idea from?

He is utterly ruthless a former KGB agent known for his dedication, a proud man who will never give in.

Russia has many, many ICBM's plenty of which will work. It's only a short journey across the Arctic Circle to America.

It's do or die for him.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(27-01-2023, 03:28 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Of course Putin will use nukes, what else can he do if he is discredited on the Ukraine battlefields?

He is utterly ruthless a former KGB agent known for his dedication, a proud man who will never give in.

Russia has many, many ICBM's plenty of which will work.  It's only a short journey across the Arctic Circle to America.

It's do or die for him.

It's America, do we really care that much...  Wink Wink
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
America is the only country who will protect NZ from you know who.
(27-01-2023, 03:28 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Of course Putin will use nukes, what else can he do if he is discredited on the Ukraine battlefields?

Russia has many, many ICBM's plenty of which will work.  It's only a short journey across the Arctic Circle to America.

It's do or die for him.

Nukes means the total end of russia and he knows it, notice all the threats he has made and keeps making every time NATO provides aid?
Its all hot air, nothing has eventuated.
Not only the end of Russia, also large parts of America and nuclear fall-out on a large scale which will affect the weather and plenty of other parts of our lives.

Times not right yet for Putin to use nukes, depends on the outcome of the war, if he loses then nukes will be used unless he is assassinated first.
(27-01-2023, 10:46 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Not only the end of Russia, also large parts of America and nuclear fall-out on a large scale which will affect the weather and plenty of other parts of our lives.

Times not right yet for Putin to use nukes, depends on the outcome of the war, if he loses then nukes will be used unless he is assassinated first.

I think its more likely that either Putin gets overthrown or is assassinated as you say before Ukraine even has a chance to win the war, that would be the best outcome, but even better if the whole Putin regime gets overthrown with a more democratic Russia. The concern is that someone will simply replace Putin with similar views as his.
Putin feels that he has to fulfill his own version of the American "Manifest Destiny" presumably there are also other Russians behind him on the leadership ladder who feel the same way.

This crisis has been looming for as long as I can remember, M.A.D. was supposed to downscale the risk but with a (sick) madman in power the balance (equilibrium) goes away, is greatly reduced, potentially a fatal flaw for us.

I should add that in NZ we will probably be ok as long as the nuclear exchange is limited.
Something which looks very like an extremely public ( & fatal) heart attack might be best - no one to blame, as long as no one looks too closely.
To be followed by actual genuine democratic elections.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Maybe he'll accidentally fall out of a window...
(28-01-2023, 11:20 PM)Agent_24 Wrote: Maybe he'll accidentally fall out of a window...

We should be so lucky... Sad
(28-01-2023, 11:20 PM)Agent_24 Wrote: Maybe he'll accidentally fall out of a window...

With a little 'help from his friends'... Rolleyes