Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well hell - now dancing's illegal
In Iran fgs! A couple who filmed themselves dancing in the street have been sentenced to 10 years in prison. Unbloodybelievable!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-64470506
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(02-02-2023, 02:33 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: In Iran fgs! A couple who filmed themselves dancing in the street have been sentenced to 10 years in prison. Unbloodybelievable!

What I find even more incredible is that anyone thought dancing in the street in that place was a good idea. But then, weird stuff happens everyday out there in the uncivilised world. Thank goodness we live here.
(03-02-2023, 04:18 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 02:33 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: In Iran fgs! A couple who filmed themselves dancing in the street have been sentenced to 10 years in prison. Unbloodybelievable!

What I find even more incredible is that anyone thought dancing in the street in that place was a good idea. But then, weird stuff happens everyday out there in the uncivilised world. Thank goodness we live here.
I heard a rumour that the Greens were putting up a bill to stop it here?

Ken Wink
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!

Ken Wink
[/quote]

Where did you hear that? Seems pretty far-fetched.

Yeah I heard about that last night, nothing surprises me anymore with Iran!
Sorry, my weak sense of humour. Just that they seem to dislike people enjoying themselves while they self-flagellate with sticks of wet rhubarb! The Greens used to be OK once, quite a while ago when Rod Donald and Jeanette Fitzsimons were leading the party. Even tempted to vote for them once. This current lot don't impress me too much. Life is too short to be serious.

Ken Smile Smile
(03-02-2023, 06:20 AM)Kenj Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 04:18 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: What I find even more incredible is that anyone thought dancing in the street in that place was a good idea. But then, weird stuff happens everyday out there in the uncivilised world. Thank goodness we live here.

Ken Wink

Nah, you've got that wrong. The bill makes it illegal not to dance, and not just in the streets either.
(03-02-2023, 04:18 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:

The older I get & the more I see of humans, the more convinced I am that planet Earth may indeed be the insane asylum for the universe. Rolleyes

The world is a weird place. And humans are crazy. Rolleyes   Big Grin Big Grin

(03-02-2023, 08:50 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 06:20 AM)Kenj Wrote: I heard a rumour that the Greens were putting up a bill to stop it here?

Ken Wink

Nah, you've got that wrong. The bill makes it illegal not to dance, and not just in the streets either.

Excellent move, imo - I may have to brush up the belly dance moves & horrify Madame Le Dog again.... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(03-02-2023, 08:50 AM)Kenj Wrote: Sorry, my weak sense of humour. ...

Oh, I see. Dog-whistling in the form of a weak joke.
(03-02-2023, 08:50 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 06:20 AM)Kenj Wrote: I heard a rumour that the Greens were putting up a bill to stop it here?

Ken Wink

Mc Jagger wont be amused!

(03-02-2023, 10:57 AM)Olive Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 08:50 AM)Kenj Wrote: Sorry, my weak sense of humour. ...

Oh, I see.  Dog-whistling in the form of a weak joke.

That's quaint.

Ken Wink
(03-02-2023, 08:50 AM)Kenj Wrote: Sorry, my weak sense of humour. Just that they seem to dislike people enjoying themselves while they self-flagellate with sticks of wet rhubarb!  The Greens used to be OK once, quite a while ago when Rod Donald and Jeanette Fitzsimons were leading the party. Even tempted to vote for them once. This current lot don't impress me too much. Life is too short to be serious.

Ken Smile Smile

The current lot includes some seriously good people, just like any other party. And most of the Greens have a built in sense of humour. They have to in order to survive and keep going, considering the complete lack of attention to the urgent issues they keep going on about...

I wouldn't vote for any other lot.  Tongue
(03-02-2023, 11:09 AM)nzoomed Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 08:50 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Nah, you've got that wrong. The bill makes it illegal not to dance, and not just in the streets either.
Mc Jagger wont be amused!

Mr. Jagger & Mr. Bowie were apparently well & truly out of it when they made that - so I've heard anyway.  Smile Big Grin