Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oz changes its vile 501 laws
And about bloody time, too.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne...eportation

"The deportations of the New Zealanders – despite in some cases tenuous connections to New Zealand – have provoked frustration in the trans-Tasman relationship for years.

Rather than changing section 501 of Australia’s Migration Act, the Australian immigration minister, Andrew Giles, has issued a ministerial direction to his department to pay greater attention to the strength, duration and nature of a person’s connection to the Australian community.

“Some of them have been there since they were very young children, and sending them to New Zealand when they have no connections here other than a very historic one isn’t really a fair or just outcome,” Hipkins said."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/kahu/australi...Q52G7TPYQ/
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
yes this is long overdue...

reminded me of this ad for some reason
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
About time, but unfortunately too late, we already have a bunch of 501s here.
(03-02-2023, 11:07 AM)nzoomed Wrote: About time, but unfortunately too late, we already have a bunch of 501s here.

It would be brilliant if we could send them all back due to their being Australian crims, but alas we're going to be stuck with some of them.

(02-02-2023, 08:26 PM)king1 Wrote: yes this is long overdue...

reminded me of this ad for some reason

You do have to wonder if anyone in the Australian govt. saw the irony in sending people far way from their homes & loved ones when they came up with this idea. Dodgy

Probably not, for most anyway.  Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Time will tell, at the moment its only words.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular