Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earthquake again...
2AM this morning, woke me up again.
Same spot in TeAroha.
I wonder how many more we will get?
I thought they may have been over!
This is the 4th quake I've felt and this is the third big one we have had. Always seems to happen at night or early hours of the morning when we are all in bed!
92 years today since the big one here in Hawkes Bay.

Ken Sad
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
Mama Nature knows the best time to twitch...   Tongue
(03-02-2023, 08:58 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Mama Nature knows the best time to twitch...   Tongue

I wish she just wouldn't.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
We felt that tremor last night, a creepy feeling and very unsettling. I think I'll put together an escape kit with water, medicines, tins of food and a few utensils because nothing is predictable any more.
(03-02-2023, 06:21 PM)Olive Wrote: We felt that tremor last night, a creepy feeling and very unsettling.  I think I'll put together an escape kit with water, medicines, tins of food and a few utensils because nothing is predictable any more.

That's a really good idea; they say it should be kept in a shed. I suppose because there's less debris if there's a really big one & I have a few bits in the shed but probably well out of date by now as I keep forgetting about the damn things! Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I dont sleep very well these days but I have never felt any of these earthquakes what so ever and Im in the Waikato so I cant say they have ever woken me up.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(04-02-2023, 05:30 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I dont sleep very well these days but I have never felt any of these earthquakes what so ever and Im in the Waikato so I cant say they have ever woken me up.

Count yourself extremely lucky then; not a good way to wake up, that's for sure. Big Grin Rolleyes
Just felt another one about 6 mins ago.
Was only 3 magnitude but could feel a gentle shake.
Never felt so many here in my life!