Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyclone Gabrielle
looks messy, hope everyone up there is all prepped...

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wi...-35.66,805
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Course. Five library books, one bottle of pinot gris, 2 bars Whittakers, four streaming channels, and no need to get out of jammies.

Let it rain...
Sounds like the weather is moving into Auckland. Sister in Birkenhead reports overcast and "wild, high tide" at the jetty there.

Still and overcast here in Taranaki with a rough night forecast on Monday. Echoes of the conditions that preceeded Bola here. Hopefully less dramatic than that one but livestock due to be moved into paddocks upwind of large trees just in case.

Best forecasting I've seen is from WeatherWatch, as usual.

(12-02-2023, 01:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Course. Five library books, one bottle of  pinot gris, 2 bars Whittakers, four streaming channels, and no need to get out of jammies.

Let it rain...

Good god woman - only two bars of Whittakers??! Rolleyes Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It's not expected to make landfall until late this evening?
I believe Monday is going to be the worst.
(12-02-2023, 02:26 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: It's not expected to make landfall until late this evening?
The WeatherWatch video I posted above details the cyclone's progress in detail.
(12-02-2023, 02:20 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 01:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Course. Five library books, one bottle of  pinot gris, 2 bars Whittakers, four streaming channels, and no need to get out of jammies.

Let it rain...

Good god woman - only two bars of Whittakers??! Rolleyes Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

I know. But I can and do bake. So there is this bubbly stone fruit and cinnamon confection doing its thing in the oven as we speak. A surfeit of riches...

Tomorrow though is Put Out The Bins day.  What do you bet a whole lot of nutters actually do that, lol, despite the State of Emergency? Big Grin

(12-02-2023, 02:26 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: It's not expected to make landfall until late this evening?

Well, from this chair looking out on a massive ancient pohutukawa, lets hope not too much worse, because those gusts are seriously serious.

I prefer storms at night. When I cannot see the evidence. Just hear the howling... Sad
Daughter lives in the far North at Tokerau beach, this is what she said when I asked how it was.
"Full on. Huge winds. Have everything stacked against the house and had to remove the shade sail which was a bit scary but glad we did it was flapping like crazy.
Have phones and laptop charging just incase power goes out.
And downloaded some things to watch on Netflix ?"
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Everything here goes through my ont which requires power, so if the power goes out, I go to bed with a book and lots of candles.

After dinner... It smells wonderful. Big Grin
(12-02-2023, 02:19 PM)harm_less Wrote: Sounds like the weather is moving into Auckland. Sister in Birkenhead reports overcast and "wild, high tide" at the jetty there.

Still and overcast here in Taranaki with a rough night forecast on Monday. Echoes of the conditions that preceeded Bola here. Hopefully less dramatic than that one but livestock due to be moved into paddocks upwind of large trees just in case.

Best forecasting I've seen is from WeatherWatch, as usual.

That's great. Thank you.

I usually use Windy https://www.windy.com which defaults to ECMWF model but does show a couple of others too. The downside is that it's only updated 12 hourly in the free version so sometimes things change between the updates.

Stay safe everyone, wherever you are.

Let it rain...

No Dak?   Big Grin Big Grin

Ken
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(12-02-2023, 03:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I prefer storms at night. When I cannot see the evidence. Just hear the howling... Sad
Not unlike the flatting days of my youth Wink
(12-02-2023, 04:07 PM)Kenj Wrote:

Let it rain...

No Dak?   Big Grin Big Grin

Ken

I didn't have much luck with the seedlings this year. Too much water I think. Oh well, next season...  Smile Tongue

(12-02-2023, 04:40 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 03:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I prefer storms at night. When I cannot see the evidence. Just hear the howling... Sad
Not unlike the flatting days of my youth Wink

I'm not surprised considering your interest in weird fungi.

Cool
Decided to strip pick the last of our Luisa plums before Gabrielle and the birds got them. That's desert sorted for a while Tongue
[Image: 1921340231.jpg]
Deeply envious of your plums. Our Luisa flowered well but hardly set any fruit, then all of that fell off.
(12-02-2023, 04:44 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 04:07 PM)Kenj Wrote: No Dak?   Big Grin Big Grin

Ken

I didn't have much luck with the seedlings this year. Too much water I think. Oh well, next season...  Smile Tongue

(12-02-2023, 04:40 PM)harm_less Wrote: Not unlike the flatting days of my youth Wink

Cool

I think you have to talk sweetly to the seedlings, apparently. So I've been told. Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(12-02-2023, 06:05 PM)Olive Wrote: Deeply envious of your plums.  Our Luisa flowered well but hardly set any fruit, then all of that fell off.
It's been a very productive year for us. Still consuming and processing the last of our Sultan plums, zucchinis, avocados, citrus, and now Luisas. Huge fruitset on the Hass avos, which Gabrielle may thin in the coming days. Black Boy peaches a bit deficient this year and the birds (bloody rosellas!) have been dealing to the various apple crops.

Time to move the livestock away from potential windfall trees tomorrow, and by mid week it will be out with the chainsaw clearing storm damage I guess.
(12-02-2023, 06:37 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 04:44 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I didn't have much luck with the seedlings this year. Too much water I think. Oh well, next season...  Smile Tongue

Cool

I think you have to talk sweetly to the seedlings, apparently. So I've been told. Rolleyes Big Grin

I could probably fake it next Spring.... Shy
I see its been downgraded now, so hopefully it doesnt bring anything too serious.
Getting it pretty hard down here, and I thought we were far enough inland for there to be not many problems. A fence has just gone down, and the southerly is driving water under my back door, never seen that before. The river will max out late tues and wed, hopefully not too much flooding.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society