Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Latest scam takes millions off kiwis in two weeks
I know scams happen every other day, this one exploited google ads and in their interview CERT are recommending the use of adblockers... 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/1312352...-two-weeks

Now if only they could outlaw clickbaiting
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
If only they could outlaw human greed...
(16-02-2023, 12:47 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: If only they could outlaw human greed...

Often it's greed that leads to people getting ripped off...the hope of getting a better return for their money.
I do have other cameras!
(16-02-2023, 12:54 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(16-02-2023, 12:47 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: If only they could outlaw human greed...

Often it's greed that leads to people getting ripped off...the hope of getting a better return for their money.

Indeed. Greed is directly at work with both scammer and scammed...
True, greed plays a big part. Mind you, if I believed every junk email that came into my inbox, I'd be a bazillionaire by now....
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(16-02-2023, 06:21 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: True, greed plays a big part. Mind you, if I believed every junk email that came into my inbox, I'd  be a bazillionaire by now....

Yes, but you are neither greedy, nor weak minded...  Big Grin
(17-02-2023, 04:13 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(16-02-2023, 06:21 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: True, greed plays a big part. Mind you, if I believed every junk email that came into my inbox, I'd  be a bazillionaire by now....

Yes, but you are neither greedy, nor weak minded...  Big Grin

I'm reasonably sure some could be found who might agree with that last bit though - at least when it comes to comprehending tech stuff... Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)