Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damn Ripoff
(19-02-2023, 11:05 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: My three cane chairs were across Auckland, miles away from me and so I googled for men with vans, and came across a site that allowed me to describe the job for operators to bid on. I listed my needs along with a link to the auction and sure enough bids for pick up and delivery started to come in.

They started a bit OMG so I waited, and waited, and slowly but surely the bids came down over 24 hours and I ended up accepting one that was under half the first bid that came in. We arranged times, addresses, and I paid up front, and the whole business ran as smoothly as anyone could have wished.

I would happily do that again anytime.

what was the site? Sounds like it could be useful to folks
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Back in the '80's my boss at the time bought an old piano from a deceased estate, and asked the local freight company how much to move it - $100. ''Yeah but...'' It was a Chicago pianola and absolutely huge, and the house was built around it...doors had to be removed etc to get the thing out, and it took 6 guys to lift it. A couple of months later he sold it, and asked the freight company how much to shift his Chicago pianola - $100. ''Yeah but, you've moved it before !'' The guys were not happy when they saw it again, but they shift pianos for $100.

A couple of years later we bought a piano, $5 I think. Got the same company to shift it - $100, they had to take it out of the side of the house. I mate I'd known since primary school said ''you shoudl've asked me, I move pianos by myself''...he owned Furniture For Flats. He came over to took at it, and stripped it down for us, they come right apart, you don't have to lift the whole thing !
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society