Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Google removed country specific search.
Cant search NZ sites anymore, perhaps they have shifted it again, but typically I would click on tools and then there would be a drop down beside "any time" and "all results"

Quite annoying as its a feature I literally use every day.
Anyone else notice this? Chrome is giving me the same issue as firefox.
Edit: still available on chrome on my mobile.
I tack nz on the end of the search, or use site:nz
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(18-02-2023, 01:22 PM)king1 Wrote: I tack nz on the end of the search, or use site:nz
Me too...
(18-02-2023, 01:22 PM)king1 Wrote: I tack nz on the end of the search, or use site:nz

OK, might have to do that from now on.
(18-02-2023, 01:03 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Cant search NZ sites anymore, perhaps they have shifted it again, but typically I would click on tools and then there would be a drop down beside "any time" and "all results"

Quite annoying as its a feature I literally use every day.
Anyone else notice this? Chrome is giving me the same issue as firefox.
Edit: still available on chrome on my mobile.

Its still there, you either just add NZ on the end of your search, or do the search, Tools - Any Country and select NZ, and it will jump and show only NZ results.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
TBH i thought that disappeared years ago... I certainly don't have the option for selecting by country - I only get Any time and All Results from the tools button, no country option at all

(19-02-2023, 03:20 PM)king1 Wrote: TBH i thought that disappeared years ago...  I certainly don't have the option for selecting by country - I only get Any time and All Results from the tools button, no country option at all

Just checked, seems its only google Chrome that has it removed as described. Just tried it by going to google and searching, used Edge, Firefox, Brave & Vivaldi -- All exactly the same, country option available.

This is in Edge: https://streamable.com/oaiwmx

Other Option is to use Duckduckgo instead of Google, that has the NZ button to either on /off.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(19-02-2023, 03:45 PM)Wainuitech Wrote:
(19-02-2023, 03:20 PM)king1 Wrote: TBH i thought that disappeared years ago...  I certainly don't have the option for selecting by country - I only get Any time and All Results from the tools button, no country option at all

Just checked, seems its only google Chrome that has it removed as described. Just tried it by going to google and searching, used Edge, Firefox, Brave & Vivaldi -- All exactly the same, country option available.

This is in Edge: https://streamable.com/oaiwmx

Other Option is to use Duckduckgo instead of Google, that has the NZ button to either on /off.
Seems Google doesn't like me - I checked edge and FF and I don't have the country option in either

(19-02-2023, 04:34 PM)king1 Wrote: Seems Google doesn't like me - I checked edge and FF and I don't have the country option in either

Are you 1st going to google.co.nz ?   If you do the search from the default inbuilt search it doesn't show (NZ Option) If you use google.com, it wont show.
(19-02-2023, 08:40 PM)Wainuitech Wrote:
(19-02-2023, 04:34 PM)king1 Wrote: Seems Google doesn't like me - I checked edge and FF and I don't have the country option in either

Are you 1st going to google.co.nz ?   If you do the search from the default inbuilt search it doesn't show (NZ Option) If you use google.com, it wont show.

ahh thats it, google.co.nz gives me the country search option, in chrome as well...

(19-02-2023, 08:40 PM)Wainuitech Wrote:

Correct, you need to be on the google.co.nz domain for it to work, google.com doesnt have it.

Interestingly its available for me again when I checked today. I was having issues on firefox and chrome.
I wonder if it was just a glitch?