Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luxon on Maureen Pugh
So he's going to give her some books to read - I'm sure that will help...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
She can read?
(21-02-2023, 08:30 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: She can read?

They will be full of lovely pictures
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
As a result of the past couple of weather events it will have become crystal clear to Luxon that this years election will be won or lost on climate change policy. The last thing any political party needs is a CC denier to upset their electioneering narrative.
(22-02-2023, 08:15 AM)harm_less Wrote: As a result of the past couple of weather events it will have become crystal clear to Luxon that this years election will be won or lost on climate change policy. The last thing any political party needs is a CC denier to upset their electioneering narrative.

Indeed - & good luck to them with that now! 

Are we sure she's a National supporter....?? Rolleyes Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Maureen is correct. We need more MP's like her.
Perhaps she should go and join Democracy NZ or something?
Her party has let her down by making her retract her statement with something that aligns with the partys policy and not her own view. You could tell she didnt mean what she said.
Lol, silly sausage... Big Grin
(22-02-2023, 03:22 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Lol, silly sausage... Big Grin

You really need to watch the great global warming swindle.
(22-02-2023, 03:27 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:

Best I really really don't comment.. Rolleyes Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

I am a gardener who has had her hands in the earth of this country, growing things, for over half a century. I don't need to watch any of the rubbish made up by the weak and the agendered, I know what my hands and heart have taught me.

As do the vast majority of people who like me are in touch with the real world. You watch that stuff, I have better things to do with my mind.

Pretty outdated information considering it was made 16 years ago. Best you find something a bit more up to date considering the rate that CO2 levels and average global temperatures have accelerated since then.

That one has been well and truly debunked CT, misrepresentations aplenty in that one...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_..._criticism
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Maureen Pugh was once described by a former National Party leader as “f***ing useless”
(23-02-2023, 05:57 PM)Foal30 Wrote: Maureen Pugh was once described by a former National Party leader as “f***ing useless”

And they say politicians always lie.... Rolleyes Big Grin
(22-02-2023, 08:15 AM)harm_less Wrote: As a result of the past couple of weather events it will have become crystal clear to Luxon that this years election will be won or lost on climate change policy. The last thing any political party needs is a CC denier to upset their electioneering narrative.

When it comes to this election climate change is well down the list of what people will consider when voting - it isn't even in the top 5.
Which is exactly why we are headed downhill to hell in a handbasket.

And probably deserve it.
(03-03-2023, 11:48 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:

When it comes to this election climate change is well down the list of what people will consider when voting - it isn't even in the top 5.

Climate change is a big decision on who I vote for this election.
Its not even about denial, but rather how we deal with it.
NZ cant do anything to stop or slow it down, at best we can hold it back about a month if we stopped burning petrol overnight.
I will vote on a party that focuses on mitigation, such as stop banks, sea walls, flood protection, drainage rather than one that wants to get rid of farmers or petrolheads.
This years election will be won by denouncing all the lies and half truths the Labour Party has come up with since they were elected. But yes climate change will be down the list somewhere.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(03-03-2023, 12:17 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 11:48 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: When it comes to this election climate change is well down the list of what people will consider when voting - it isn't even in the top 5.

Climate change is a big decision on who I vote for this election.
Its not even about denial, but rather how we deal with it.
NZ cant do anything to stop or slow it down, at best we can hold it back about a month if we stopped burning petrol overnight.
I will vote on a party that focuses on mitigation, such as stop banks, sea walls, flood protection, drainage rather than one that wants to get rid of farmers or petrolheads.
That would seem to be a real 'ambulance at the bottom of the cliff' approach. In the long run changing the way we farm, live and transport ourselves would seem to me to be much cheaper option than installing monsoon drain style stormwater reticulation and building ever stronger and higher seawalls to deal with the repercussions of our actions. The upcoming retreat from flood prone areas is going to cost a bomb which of course will fall at the feet of taxpayers so why not just stop burning stuff?
Because m'dear, the human world is populated by idiots. Thee'n me excluded, naturally...