Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell Phone Batteries
I have a Nokia 3310 dumb phone, purchased in February 2019.  The battery (BL-4UL 3.7V 4.4Wh) has, for some time had little capacity, but now is swollen in the middle.  I have tried to buy a new one locally, I have tried Warehouse Stationary, Phone Parts & Accesories, Battery Masta, and PBTech, with no immediate joy, although Battery Masta can get me one from Australia (by sea!) ($40).

Does anyone know where else is worth trying?

My cell phone use is mainly to get appointment reminders for Doctors, and Dentist.  I also take it with me in case my wife wants me to get something more than I was directed to get at the supermarket.
I bought mine for my ancient Samsung Note 3 on TM. I asked the dealer if he had one that would suit, gave him the model number and he found one for me. He had near 100% fbk on a lot of trades, and I paid by Ping, so I knew I was safe.

Might be worth a try?
here's one...

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/...4020440369
around $7 on aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005179411335.html
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(06-03-2023, 07:38 PM)king1 Wrote: around $7 on aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005179411335.html

Getting a battery from Aliexprees is usually the  cheapest way. 

Got a couple for my Camera middle of last year, here in NZ they wanted around $60 -$75 just for the battery, ordered from Aliexpress, got a twin set (2 batteries) Higher capacity and charger for just under $27.  They lasted a LOT longer than the original Battery, in fact when we went to Rarotonga one  battery it lasted the whole 10 days, used every day.

The ONE BIG thing you have to look carefully is the postage, some can be huge, so check before you order.

A LOT of those cheaper products you see on Trademe are simply people ordering from Places like Aliexpress and adding (sometimes) a big profit.

Mine took a around 10 days to get here, but that can vary.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
I'd be worried about that battery catching fire.
At the very least I think you should avoid charging to 100% (I set a 30 min alarm when I'm charging so I don't leave the charger on too long) and please avoid leaving it pluged in overnight.
Ali's shipping takes a long time now. ~ 2 months ... Sad
I ordered one from Aliexpress on 14 March, it cost $7.10 and it arrived in the mail yesterday (11 April).  A lot better than $40!
(23-03-2023, 09:09 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote: Ali's shipping takes a long time now. ~ 2 months ...  Sad

Not always, depends on how its sent.  Most of the time I get stuff around 10-14 days from ordering.

Theres a new place (more like wish / Aliexpress combined)  Called Temu with free shipping   -  guarantee to deliver within a certain time other wise your account gets credit $5.

Ordered item on 6th April --  delivery between 14-20 April   ( this could be interesting)  Smile
Is it a China-based company like AliExpress?
(13-04-2023, 01:08 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote: Is it a China-based company like AliExpress?

Yep but like aliexpress not always sent from china, actually founded in USA 

so far so good BUT as talking to a customer today often takes longer from Auckland to delivery.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The trick with Aliexpress is to ensure shipping is set to one of the better shippers, not just the default. Yan Wen and SunYou are examples of slow shipping, couple+ months or so. The shipping method named "Aliexpress Standard Shipping" (poorly named I'll admit) is a real value. I've received items in just 8 days with this shipping method. I think the slowest was 20 days but of course anything can hold up shipping... insert Covid, insert Ukraine, insert weather, insert a bunch of other disruptions.

HTH
(12-04-2023, 05:19 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: Theres a new place (more like wish / Aliexpress combined)  Called Temu with free shipping   -  guarantee to deliver within a certain time other wise your account gets credit $5.

Ordered item on 6th April --  delivery between 14-20 April   ( this could be interesting)  Smile
I picked up some items today too. If not delivered by 26th I supposedly get $5 credit. Ali needs the competition Blush
Just made an order ... hahaha

See how it goes ...
Order From Temu ---  Well that's quicker -- Parcel just turned up by Courier Post  Ordered 6th April, arrived today 17th.
Wow, that's quick! Order placed on 16 Apr, parcel arrived just now!

The package shows that it's packed and sent from Auckland!

They have a distribution center in Auckland?
(15-04-2023, 06:07 AM)Excalibur Wrote: The trick with Aliexpress is to ensure shipping is set to one of the better shippers, not just the default. Yan Wen and SunYou are examples of slow shipping, couple+ months or so. The shipping method named "Aliexpress Standard Shipping" (poorly named I'll admit) is a real value. I've received items in just 8 days with this shipping method.
+1
I've also had consistent good results with Yanwen Special Line.

Avoid the cheap, untracked services. Those are the ones that often take 2-3 months.